Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New GB Map Errors!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New GB Map Errors!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benlast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. After reading this thread, I contacted TT and asked for a refund on my GB maps update (all the North Wales road errors are still there). Their response was that because it's been more than 28 days since I received the maps, I'm not entitled to a refund.

Now, we know, from many postings here, that TT's delivery times are very variable, and thus it makes sense to order well in advance of when you need maps, meaning that you may well receive them and not use them for 28 days (especially if they're maps for travelling abroad). It's also not especially convenient to check maps for errors within 28 days - should one do 28 days of intensive driving or route planning? I've responded to them and it'll be interesting to see how they reply.

I don't have a huge problem with TT; certainly I don't attribute the same malice and/or incompetence to them as others on here have. However, I do think that it's worth pressing them on this point, if only to focus their attention on the importance of accuracy.
lymeboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just out of curiousity guys, what's the version number for the latest map (GB)?
Patrick_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lymeboy wrote:
just out of curiousity guys, what's the version number for the latest map (GB)?

'Great_Britain_Plus-Map' v571
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i have not subscribed to the tomtom plus yet so cannot comment on map updates for Scotland.
benrye
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrRubberGloves wrote:
Any chance you can check on this error for me, it is between Junctions 5 and 6 of the M25, I presume it's an error as the map shows that you can leave the M25 via a small unnamed road. If you type in Brasted as the city/town and then Hogtrough Hill as the street, instead of a house number use the crossing option and select Station Road. I reported this error ages ago and was wondering if this has been fixed.

Thanks in advance.

This is not an error. The road is there I use it regulary, all be it to join usually after an accident. there is no slip road though just a single track tarmac service road
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely its not legal to use this service road?
Bazza
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit, I was more than a little dissapointed when I tried to navigate to my father's bungalow. His house number is 19 yet TTG said the highest number for that street is 17. He's been in the bungalow for over 6 years now, since it was built.
Blackdog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Map errors Reply with quote

Hello All,

My first post.

I was interested to read about the map errors discussed in the UK. It's not just here folks! I was in Germany last week and tried to plot a route from Bilefeld to Osnabruck. Well, according to John Cleese ( no disparaging comments please - he's a a comedic idle, or should that be palin) the A33 runs non-stop from Paderborn to Osnabruck crossing the A2 about half way. If anybody has Autoroute, have a quick look; there' a fifteen mile section missing from the A2 to just south of Halle. Have the Germans nicked it or was John just winding me up?
stevenj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you find out the version number of the maps installed in TTN? Is there a file to look in or something?

Cheers
TT300_Owner
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a new TomTom 300 owner it has it's good and bad points. Tried it last night for the first journey and it took me to my destination in Norwich via a back roads but quick route - so that's good!

The bad points which I am just finding now is that the postcode database is incorrect. I checked on the Royal Mail site to see which road name was correct for the postcode I entered. The TT300 is wrong... Here are some examples...

CR0 3JP should be Purley Way, Croydon. TT gives Ockley Road which Royal Mail gives as CR0 3DQ!!! And then it won't accept number 76 Purley Way - says it doesn't exist.

BN41 1GN should be Norway Street. TT gives Symbister Road...

CB6 3WL should be Columbine Road. TT gives as Mallow Close.

I have other examples too - but these suffice to show there are many errors.

It doesn't even have my own road on it which is new but has been here for 3+ years now! So are these new maps???

Other than that some routes planned when I view as text take me along the M25 - coming off, over the r/about and back on the M25 again at the same juntion more than once! What's going on?!?!

Is there a better solution than TT which doesn't have these errors?
Decoymans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tomtom go 300 with maps version 5.201 My first unit went wrong and I had it replaced with a new one and I downloaded the files to updte the new one to 5.201, I notice that when at Stanted Airport coming back to Colchester that the bypass is not included and I am driving through feilds, have I done something wrong or is it the maps dont have this information?? the new road has been open for about a year.

Also the John Cleese voice I bougt with my first unit wont work on my new unit can I get it back or do I have to pay again?.

Thanks
John
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decoymans wrote:
Also the John Cleese voice I bougt with my first unit wont work on my new unit can I get it back or do I have to pay again?.

If you did a Full Backup of your original 300 you should be able to restore John Cleese from that.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Decoymans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The problem I have is I did a backup of the first disk and I took the John Cleese files over and it did work but the unit froze on one ocation and I did restore to factory setting, so I thought that the licence was only valid for my first unit and that is why it played up on my second unit as when you download the voice file it says that it will only work on so and so unit.

Thanks
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've never used a voice other than the originals, (so I'm a Sad case), I don't know where you stand on that one. Sorry.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
gdwales
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to the road from Stansted to Colchester, I found the same problem, when I upgraded I hoped this road would be included in the new map data but it aint, its correct at both ends but still tries to follow the old A120 so poor old Jane gets lost in the fields, at one point she tells me to take the first exit off the roundabout that I am going over on a bridge with no exits. Ah well perhaps in the next five years

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: