Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trafcam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk Reply with quote

We actually sell through this company and on the support issue both the firm and ourselves advise customers to contact us directly by email to discuss any issues with our product. With such a wide range of products (and this applies to any distributor, not just this one) I can see it would be hard for them to be price-competitive and offer full support on all products.
jdw7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk Reply with quote

I tried to reply to this before but the posting never appeared so here goes again:-

Jon,

I'm not now overly concerned since everything worked out OK thanks to the good people at Travroute.

If I had been advised by your Cust. Services rep that it is (apparently) the norm to go straight to the manufacturer / distributor I wouldn't have felt that I was getting the brush off.
Anthony James
Occasional Visitor

Thank you jdw7 for your kind words regarding our support for your purchase. To echo Trafcam's comment we work hard to support all our resellers and customers and have found globalpositioningsystems to be an excellent partner. They posses a highly admirable depth of knowledge of our products but as requested provide our contact details for support to ensure that we can provide the necessary support and more importantly keep tabs on any potential areas of improvement.

Kind Regards

Anthony James
Eirik
Occasional Visitor

I can't say that I'm impressed with the customer service. Last week I sent an email to the customer service to get some information regarding the Royaltek Sapphire GPS, but no response yet.

Well, I'm going to give them an other chance to see if they answer a new email which I'm going to send in a couple of minutes.

Maybe they just ignore the customers which is lot located in the UK ...
Eirik
Occasional Visitor

Seems that I was a bit to fast with my critic and I apologise for that. The second email I sent they replayed to very fast and they have also finally replayed to my first email, very good. The order will be placed this afternoon.
louie
Occasional Visitor

Got to say I totally agree with the majority, their service was second to none.

Wanted GPS for my iPAQ3970 and had been recommended TomTom software as the best available. Phoned up for advice on which GPS to choose and the advice given was exceptional. Whats more they had even tested the products themselves, giving me much appreciated personal opinion.

I settled for TomTom Nav2 with Wireless GPS and was offered free delivery. Don't find this very often any more!! I received my products within 3 days.

I am more than satisfied with their level of service and wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to friends.

Many thanks Globalpositiongsystems!!

Lou Turner

Graeme Simpson
Occasional Visitor

In the main I agree with everything that is being said about Spotlight....UNTIL Today, needed pricing on between 5 and 9 Units of the Emtac and TTNAV Ver 2, Michael told me he would phone back, never did, so I phoned again at 4:30, was told don't worry he WILL phone you back tonight, I explained that the quote was required for TONIGHT and was Urgent!!!!, Guess what, did'nt mean a thing, they just went home at 5Pm and to hell with the customer.

Really shocked me, as I have spent a great deal with this customer, and okay they don't respond to emails, but in the main they have been excellent, now they have let me down in a major way.

Graeme
Graeme Simpson
Occasional Visitor

Well shock horror, GPSS come up trumps again, by 7pm I had a response from Simon, all sorted out. Now that IS Customer Service.

Well done AGAIN GPSS

Graeme
matt_e
Lifetime Member

I can only agree with the positive comments about www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk. The full story is at:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=37&TopicID=2976&PagePosition=1

It's not often you find such a high level of customer service when you order online but they went out of their way to provide it. Full marks to them!

Matt
markpeters
Occasional Visitor

Hello All,

I also agree with the positive comments on this forum about www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk. There service is fantastic.

I ordered a Wayfinder product after purchasing a new mobile phone and there sales team talked me through the product before purchase and it arrived prompt at 9.15am the next day. Not fully tested the product yet but first impressions are excellent, routes calculate quickly and product tracks my vehicle, giving out clear turn by turn instructions to my destination. I hope the products continues to work well when I travel to unknown locations.

An excellent service by a excellent company, I would highly recommend them to my friends.
tedkay
Regular Visitor

I too have had good service from this company. A word of warning however about referring faults direct to the manufacturer. If it drags on you may well lose your leagal rights with the retailer, and remember, it is with the retailer you have a contract. The manufacturer can tell you to go whistle if they want.

Ted
Snafu
Occasional Visitor

WOW we have the Global Positioning Systems appreciation club here dont we!!!

How many of you guys actually work for GPSS?

Your experiences are the total opposite of mine. Back in November last year I ordered 2 items which were "in stock" expected delivery in 2-3 days. Based on the quote on the site

If you place your order online before 2pm on a working day we are normally able to fulfil and despatch stock items the same day. Availability and stock levels are indicated at the point of sale.

End quote.

4 days later I received an email stating the good were out of stock. Obvoiusly lied about the same day despatch. I was then informed that the goods would be despatched in 5-7 days. I rtequested information about what part of my order was out of stock and got no reply.

Eleven days later I wrote a followup query somewhat miffed that not only had I not received my GPS they had not bothered to contact me or reply to my original mail.

Finally the following day I had a response saying that the gps was gpoing to be sent out the next day.

0/10 for Customer Service.

0/10 for Costomer information

0/10 for this customer's satisfaction

Guess who will not get my business or recommendation at any point in the future. All it would have taken would have been a little proactive information, or even reactive to my queries, but that didnt happen so my money no heads to other retailers.
simon pitts
Occasional Visitor

Hi Snafu,

Although your purchase was back in November 2002, if you would like to contact me directly I'd be still be happy to look into the issues you raise personally.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Simon Pitts

Director

Spotlight Guides Ltd

www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
colinw
Occasional Visitor

I found them fantastic! Ordered a Compaq iNS, CF card was missing, arrived in post next morning! The unit had a problem and they swapped it straight over, even though I work at HP it was a far easier experience dealing with these guys. Jonathan Bowes was great and helpful, will definitely use them again, especially as I can't get TT2 to work ( didn't get from them!)
johnmcc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to admit I am new to the GPS game and this website too. I contacted www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk as they were recommended by a colleague. Ordered 2210 bundle with Tom Tom 2 and Global Sat Bluetooth receiver and it arrived next day as promised Thumbs Up

Started to encounter problems when trying to set up the system (should of paid for Set-Up but thought it to be a challenge and save £30) Crying or Very sad . I couldn't get my 2210 to see my GPS (Wish i'd found this website sooner!!)

Contacted gps as I was ready to throw the towel in. They guided me through it step by step. Excellent service from an excellent company. Mr. Green

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: