Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Saftey Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Saftey Cameras
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However to be the best, we need everybody’s help to report updates, i.e. new and removed sites as well as speed limit verification. Please continue to use our database and please continue to send in updates to:

Cameras [at] PocketGPSWorld [dot] com

First of all I've got to say the pocketgps database is great - the only camreas I've ever noticed missing have been temporary ones on motorways etc..... it's saved my licence a few times.

on the TTGO marking a POI isn't very easy - has anyone condsidered writing an application which allows you to mark, categorise then send an update periodically from the TOMTOM to Pocket GPS? it probably sounds complicated but in reality the TT is more than capable of it looking at the interface and connectivity.

I'm just thinking of a one touch button to mark the point, one set of radio buttons to categorise the camera then another set of radio buttons to identify the speed limit.

Then a file could be scheduled to be sent periodically (instant, weekly, monthly...whatever) by email using a mobile or a pc when connected.

Unfortunatley I can design but not write code otherwise I'd have a go myself. More than happy to help though.

Chris
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.automated.it/ttg-apps.html
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd better get it installed then :D

Chris
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, but make a FULL backup first
TartanGiant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: OV2 bmp for TTG Reply with quote

Hello guys,

Request some help please........
I know Eldar is going to let out an almighty groan seeing me back again seeking assistance Embarassed but I need help getting these speedcams POI fired up within my TTG (version 5.201;GPS v1.21;Boot v2.18;GB Map v314).

I downloaded the ZIP file (v.3.074 31 july 05) from pocketgpspoi.com and transferred the ov2 bmp file folder into the GB Map folder on the SD card. I can see it all there when I open up the "removeable disk" via MY PC.

The snag is, I can't seem to work out how to "enable" the said files in the POI dialogue on the TTG screen.

I've got as far as "Manage POI" and called the POI "Spdcam" but they don't seem to be 'available'.
As a test, I tried to "Navigate to" Favourite as a "Spdcam" but TTG said No POI available.......... how do I make TTG recognise that it has these files ready and waiting to be used - to show me speed cameras along a route?

Any assistance will be gratefully received Smile

Cheers

TG
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to put the files themselves in the map folder. If they are inside another folder in the map folder they won't work.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
TartanGiant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sgould,

Thanks for replying.......... the bad news is the files are in the GB Map folder OK but I still can't get them recognised/activated as POI's.

I'm sorry for being a numb nut on this one.

I shall retire and not waste more of you guys precious time.

Thanks anyway.

TG
henryg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="imacken"]
Privateer wrote:

it doesn't compare well with the Road Angel database. difference.

Where do RA get their data?

Henry
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: OV2 bmp for TTG Reply with quote

Don't retire yet! We'll get you there! Smile
TartanGiant wrote:
.... and transferred the ov2 bmp file folder into the GB Map folder on the SD card.

As sgould says, the ov2 and bmp file need to be put individually into your existing GB maps folder (i.e. NOT in their own folder).
Do that, don't rename anything and you should then be able to got to "Manage POI" then "Enable POI" and find them in the list.
Report back with how you get on....
TartanGiant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: TTG Original Reply with quote

:D :D Hi Andy_P2002,

Very many thanks for encouraging me to persevere....... I have managed to get the files individualy to where they should go, and then "Manage POI" then "Enable POI" ........... :o

I would have just binned the project had it not been for you chaps; thanks very much to one and all.

Take care guys.

Cheers

TG
rallyman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: safety cameras (pocketgps) tom tom 700 HELP Reply with quote

PLEASE EXCUSE ME if I have gone through the wrong procedure to post this message I AM NEW TO THIS SITE and Iam in need of some advice regarding( pocketgps safety camera download) I have connected my ttg 700 to my pc and made a back up of the files and folders for the ttg700 which I can see on my p c monitor. I have also dowmloaded the safety camera files from pocketgps to my ttg 700 which I can also see on my pc screen along with the above folders for the ttg700.The question is will this work( ie display the cameras on the ttg 700 screen) or do I have to copy and paste the pocketgps data files to the western european map folder kind regards (rallyman) computer idiot Embarassed

Welcome to Earth, third rock from the Sun! Thumbs Up

Seriously though, have you tried our PocketGPSWorld camera database against the TomTom camera database? If you have, what do you think of the two databases vs. each other?

Regards,[/quote]
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need the .ov2 and matching .bmp files on the GO. They need to be inside the map folder on the GO. Drag them there. Do not drag any folders, the files alone are what's needed.

Then when you have disconected the GO, you need to open the Preferences on the Go and "Manage PoI" then "Warn when near PoI" to set the warning sound and distance.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done so far, rallyman, you've gone about things the right way by doing a backup first.
(Just double check - you have done a complete backup of all the files and folders? There was an ongoing problem/confusion with the Tomtom supplied backup routines where it only backed up your personal settings NOT the full map data etc.) That's been fixed now but the simplest way is to use the PC to copy the entire contents of the Go SD card or in your case, hard disk onto a new folder on the PC)

There are some beginners guides on here but AFAIK there is one which describes setting up POI downloads in general on the Tomtom Go, Here

and another which describes in detail setting up the PocketGPS camera database POI on any machine. Here

But to answer your specific question quickly, you need to pick and choose which set of camera files you want (either the single all-in-one version, the split out into types of camera version or the speed-zoned version).

If you want the full speed-zoned set you need:
All the files from the pocketgps_uk_sc\speed zoned\gatso\ov2 bmp files\ folder,
plus:
All the files from the pocketgps_uk_sc\speed zoned\mobile\ov2 bmp files\ folder,
plus:
pocketgps_uk_redlight.ov2
pocketgps_uk_redlight.bmp
pocketgps_uk_specs.ov2
pocketgps_uk_specs.bmp
pocketgps_uk_temp.ov2
pocketgps_uk_temp.bmp
from the pocketgps_uk_sc\ov2 bmp files folder
All of these then need to be copied to your map folder.

(Incidently, I use the "Pearce" .bmp files from the pocketgps_uk_sc\alternative bmp files\Pearce folder instead, which give speeds for the mobile sites too). Just select them all and overwrite the existing .bmp files with them, if you want).

Once the files are all in place, disconnect the Go, allow it to reboot, then go to "Manage POI" in the "Preferences" menu, then "Enable/Disable POI" and select (tick) all the "pocketgps" categories.
Next go to "Warn when near POI", select each category in turn and set a distance and warning sound for each type/speed. Set "Warn only if on route" ON if you don't want cameras on nearby roads to trigger, but this option can miss some cameras that haven't been positioned exactly on the road you're on in the database.

When you've got that lot working, you can come back here and find out how to replace the Tomtom's bings and bongs with spoken warnings!

As for the TomTom's own speed camera database, the general opinion so far is Don't!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: