Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bug collection for TTN5.000(4890)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug collection for TTN5.000(4890)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- While running, TTN5 consumes nearly 100% of processor cycles. Programs running in the background becme unusable (media player etc). TTN5 also affects the OS reaction to hardware key presses. In 50% of the cases the key press event will not be relayed to the OS. Excessive processor usage also seems to cause rapid battery drain and/or very hot PDAs up to the point of failure.

With respect to the "reaction to the key press event" I have found that with the 5.1 patch I now get an instant response to the key press and can switch applications very easily by this method.

Roger
Rifleman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been suffering the long GPS fix times mentioned elsewhere and have done a little testing which leads me to believe that the problem in TT5 ( and 5.1 ) is that TT allows only a very short time at start up to obtain a valid fix before it forces a cold start of the GPS device.

I use a TT wired GPS mouse ( the silver diamond shaped one ), but have also tried it with a CF GPS card with similar results.

If I leave the power to the car mount off over night it takes about 30s to a minute to get a valid fix. I have tested this with TT3 on the same hardware. It takes me 30mins to drive to work and TT5 still has no fix by the time I arrive.

I leave the GPS powered up all day. When I insert the PDA with TT5 when I set off for home I get a valid fix within 10s or so and the fix remains good until the power to the GPS is switched off when the cycle starts again.

So I think that TT5 waits a short while at start up and if no fix forces a cold start. The "short while" is obviously too short !
TT3 does not have this problem, I always have a fix by the time I get to the end of my street even if the GPS has been switched off for a few days.

Anyone else come to the same conclusion ?
Mark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: TT5 = Loss of sensitivity and jumping position. Reply with quote

Upgrading to TT5 from TT3 has not been the best experience! TT3 was able to keep satellite fix even when inside my wooden roofed garage with the old style TT receiver mounted under the headrest of my convertible. I have only seen week signal issues when the hood (rag top) was wet and the road overhung by wet trees. The net effect being jumping position or stopped navigation.
TT5 with the same hardware set up is giving low signal performance ( jumping) when the hood is wet and looses all contact when in the garage. I suspect I have other issues because I cant see any satellite data even though TT5 will navigate.
HP Jornada 565 and original TT (blackbox) wired receiver.
Sad
MartinBrown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just noticed that after using advanced planning (A->B) TTN5 automatically tries to direct you to the start of the route. In TTN3 once you'd used advanced planning, it would ask you "do you want to navigate there now?".

This is annoying as when you are trying to work out mileage, you keep having to clear the route.

Plurality should not be posited without necessity
Rifleman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PWSki wrote:
Has the v5.10 patch corrected the 100% cpu load / high battery usage issues?

No Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three more here:-

Traffic seems very strange, the status icon keeps changing Orange almost immediately after a succesfuly update. Logged & acknolwdged by TT Support.

The contacts, 'Naviagte to' does not work and displays an error message. Even after a cold reset & only TT being installed this is still a problem. Logged with TT & acknolwdged.

Spoken instructions are incorrect, you will be told to 'Exit ahead' 1.2 mile before your next exit. This would be a problem if there was an exit before the one you were supposed to exit. If you were not to look at the screen and follow the voice prompts you would exit too early.

I'm running o2 XDA IIi, the strange thing is that I have had non of the other reported problems with XDA IIi, my device never locks up, and succesfully download traffic data, all very strange.

It would be useful to get an update report from TT regarding these problems and the planned fix dates/release numbers.
eaylcr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think anyone has this on the bug list, but I loose all home / favourites on opening TT5, not all the time (so not a permissions problem on the file) but appears to be related to making calls while navigating.

Also, when ending a call, the bluetooth now remains active (im on 5.1), but kills off the connection to tt bluetooth reciever, this then requires the reciever to be switched off & on again.

Finaly, if a call comes in while planning a route then attempting to answer it results in a message "cannot answer call".

Orange SPV M2000
TT5 v5.100 (5160)
GPS v1.2
fortean
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Colour Change Reply with quote

I have noticed that when TomTom 5.1 starts and gets a fix the colours are quite light. If I go in to options and then return to the main display the colours are now stronger. Can anyone else confirm this observation. It is installed on a hx4700.
spfunnell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having numerous problems with TT5 on my hp5550. Disappearing favourites, disappearing POIs, long fix times. However, back end of last week I decided to upgrade the firmware on my IPAQ (free download from the HP site). This seems to have fixed all of the above problems.

I've been using it all weekend and it seems to be solid. Might be worth a go if you're suffering some of these problems.

Cheers
Simon
bond007
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experienced that the estimated time of arrival is not accurate, or does not reflect the current speed you are doing.....

Let me explain..... if I drive 80 miles down the motorway to milton keynes, I know that I can do this journey in about 1.5 hrs. TT5 gets this bit right and estimates the time correctly (give or take). However, whilst poodling along the motorway, if I start driving faster, TT5 seems to get it ETA wrong. I have been 2 miles from my destination and it still says 20 mins to go....... the time it takes me to actually get to my destination from that 2mile point is less than 8 minutes....... (TT5 still says 20 mins). However, at less than 1 mile from my destination, the so called ETA time sudddenly starts to decrease very, very fast..... It is almost as if TT5 recalculates when it realises you are so close to your destination ...... bizzare..... TT3 on the other hand was always accurate.... so what gives with TT5?
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reported this about the time this thread was started. It is especially obvious where you manage a much better speed than TT expects. Like you I found myself a mile from my destination and an ETA of about 15 minutes one time.
Classe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using TTN 5.1. As the header of this topic indicates the update solved few problems. My device has to be reset after 2 hours of continuous use, since TTN lose GPS signal. The ETA is over estimated with some 50%. TTN fix takes very very long time, and it easily loses the signal.

It’s strange that a very fine product as TTN 3 could be downgraded to this quality level. Is it possible to get a refund?

Classe

TTN 5.1, IPAQ 3850, Windows Mobile 2003 and Emtac/Transplant IGPSJ Sleeve.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Lutz.
Is it time to tidy this up and submit them to TomTom?

Regards
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have opened a new thread for 5.1 (5160)

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=139812

and locked this one. Thanks everyone for contributing. TomTom have confirmed that they are aware of this list.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: