Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Warner - sync
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Warner - sync

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timtim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: POI Warner - sync Reply with quote

Are there any thoughts on co-ordinating your service with the likes of POIWarner, in the same way that POI Handler used to do?

I don't know if there may be favouritism issues regarding the different syncing service providers, but it would be a handy option to have.

As an aside (and it strictly isn't anything to do your your excellent new service), there may be a useful option to have an add-on to the POI Recorder as you drive. This would involve a pop-up list appearing when the 'Record POI' button was pressed. The driver could then allocate the recorded POI to one of a set of user defined categories as he travelled. I don't know about anyone else, but if I pass a couple of new speed cameras or whatever, by the time I get home I have to rack my brains to remember what I recorded!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: POI Warner - sync Reply with quote

The problem with POI-Warner is the author has to re-code his program to give us support. One thing we wanted to do was to offer a sync service that everyone can use, no matter what application they have. It's not to say we won't go down that route, it's certainly possible, but perhaps after we've launched this.

Adding POI's to a seperate file can be done easily in CheckPOInt I believe.
timtim
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the CheckPOInt info - I thought it was strange that I'd had an original thought!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: