Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Tomtom maps Reply with quote

Hi, A friend of mine has a tomtom which had the map of france on it as he went there a lot (version 4.42 i think he said)

Since he has not been there for a while he deleted it from his card, he has updated tomtom now to 5.2 is it as i'm still on 5 waiting for new card 8) ? and is going back to france, when he puts disc in to load france to the card it has version 4.42 just below picture of map does he just load it and put the old activation code back in or does he need new one?

Thanks for any help
smallfreak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomtom maps Reply with quote

sparkey wrote:
Hi, A friend of mine has a tomtom which had the map of france on it as he went there a lot (version 4.42 i think he said)

Since he has not been there for a while he deleted it from his card, he has updated tomtom now to 5.2 is it as i'm still on 5 waiting for new card 8) ? and is going back to france, when he puts disc in to load france to the card it has version 4.42 just below picture of map does he just load it and put the old activation code back in or does he need new one?

Thanks for any help

I try to help, but I must confess that you guys in south-wales speak a pretty unusual english and for a foreign speaker like me it is very hard to determine your problem alltogether. Embarassed

The program release (4.x or 5.x) is part of the data on the SD-card. The map is another part of the data. You may add and delete maps without affecting the current version of the software. If you previously had the "france" map on your card, you had to activate it with probably the "Maps of Western Europe" code. The necessary "activation code" will still be the same if you later decide to use this map again - in this particular GO. If you want to use the map in a different GO, then there is a different activation code necessary.

If you have different maps on different SD-cards, you must update them individually with the new program release, or you may have an 4.x on the France map and an 5.x on the GB map.

One additional advice: If you start the software update procedure, you certainly start the EXE that you did download from the TomTom web site. Make sure that you do not have the "map CD" with the old firmware on it in the drive at this time, or the update program would rather read THAT version from the CD instead of the new version and suddenly you have the old firmware back.
sparkey
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed sorry smallfreak thanks for answer you have sorted it :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: