Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Issue with Blaupunkt Travelpilot E1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue with Blaupunkt Travelpilot E1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iandhd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Issue with Blaupunkt Travelpilot E1 Reply with quote

I have a Blaupunkt Travelpilot E1 single DIN stereo/GPS system. I know the unit functions perfectly well in another car using the antenna from that car.

When the same unit is in my car with a new "just out of the package" antenna all I get is "Your position is not found on a digitised road map". The installation test shows that satelites are being picked up but the signal strength figure does not appear. The N W degrees change as I drive along so I assume I'm getting a signal. I just can't work out why it won't acknowledge that and locate me on the map (it has only been able to do this twice and has been out by a hundred yards or so)

Any ideas? I guess I need to get the antenna out of the working car (bit of a pain) Crying or Very sad
iandhd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add the new antenna is a generic one (not from Blaupunkt) could that be my problem or are they pretty much the same?
iandhd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this is driving me mad now - I can only assume its not the aerial as it works in the other car. The one from the car that works won't work in my car Confused Can it be down to the ISO plug connections? There's nothing else to check...
evo99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the speed sensor wire connected?
iandhd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what it was in the end. Embarassed For some reason I thought I'd had it working without it... obviously not. Thanks for the reply.
Brem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem with my Ford Travelpilot.

Can you tell me where the speed sensor wire is meant to be conected to.

Cheers
iandhd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to find the speedpulse cable (some cars have them in the dash already for speed variable volume on the stereo). In my case I had to take a feed off the ABS system. Otherwise there is a kit you can buy that measures the revolutions of the wheel and sends the signal via a wire back to the GPS.

Good luck!
ant-man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having problems with my travel pilot too - see the message posted by ant-man yesterday - I'm determined to keep this one going as I'm sure the glitch can be sorted out without sending it in to an expensive repair shop! Confused
kertrats24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: please help Reply with quote

ive got the same problem with my E1 but i dont have the manual could any one tell me were the speed sensor wire gos on the stereo there is a wiring diagram on the stereo is it as i think the wire with the picture of what looks like the sun next to it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: