Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MS AutoRoute 2002 pushpins to ttn2 POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MS AutoRoute 2002 pushpins to ttn2 POIs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
René
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: MS AutoRoute 2002 pushpins to ttn2 POIs Reply with quote

Hello forum readers

Problem: To change MS AutoRoute (MSAR) Pushpins to TomTom Navigator 2.2 (ttn 2.2) POIs.

Possible software solution:

"PushpinOV2" by R J Davies

converts a Microsoft AutoRoute Pushpin file (PSP) into POI database (OV2).

Explaination:I'm planning a route from Denmark to Corse in MSAR 2002. Since it isn't possible to transfer waypoint from e.g. MSAR 2002 to ttn 2.2 and since it is possible to use the software solution stated earlier, I thought that I could use the pushpin as a kind of waypoint and then navigate from pushpin to pushpin, after converting them to ttn 2.2 POIs. But in order to convert the pushpins I need to find them in a .psp file.

No matter what I do, when planning an route in MSAR, all I get when saving is an .axe file and not a .psp file.

Question:Can anybody tell me how I can find or generate a .psp file in MSAR 2002?

René
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: MS AutoRoute 2002 pushpins to ttn2 POIs Reply with quote

Hi René

Here is an extract from the Help file that is with my program PushpinOV2. The procedure should work with MSAR 2002

"To export Pushpin information from Microsoft AutoRoute it is necessary to select an area of the map that contains the Pushpin data by 'dragging' an area using the Select tool. Do not click in the area to zoom in on the selected region. When the bounding box is visible on the map use the 'Export Maps for Pocket Streets ...' item in the File menu and follow the instructions. This will create two files; a map file (.mps) and a Pushpin file (.psp). The Pushpin file is read by this program to extract the locations and details (name and optionally the attached notes) and write them to a TomTom POI overlay file.

Do not select too large an area of map as it will take a long time to export all of the street detail, and none of this is required for the Pushpin transfer."

When transferring Pushpins from the later versions of AutoRoute we have noticed problems with offsets which are summarised below.

"Microsoft have not released a definition of the PushPin (.psp) file, so its decoding is subject to development. If problems occur when running PushpinOV2 then please email me so that I can try to resolve them.

The current program status is as follows:-

AutoRoute 2001 - no known problems

AutoRoute 2002, 2003 - the longitude values extracted for points west of Greenwich are offset from the true value by a non constant amount."

Let me know how you get on.

Richard

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: