Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New SmartST Pro Service Pack
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New SmartST Pro Service Pack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ticex
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: New SmartST Pro Service Pack Reply with quote

Hi there,

This is my first post so I thought I'd let anybody that's interested know that there is an un-released service patch for the Navman SmartST Pro Voice software.

I emailed their support dept about a number of intermitant problems I was having getting my Navman to initiate the receiver and receive any satellite signal. They responded with what they described as an unreleased software patch. The good news it seems to have fixed my problems and my Navman now works perfectly!

Anyway, if anybody is having similar problems I suggest you drop them a line and ask for this "patch"

Greetings,

Michael
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: New SmartST Pro Service Pack Reply with quote

Ssssh, you're not supposed to tell anyone! I'm not entirely sure when this will be released, but I helped test this many weeks ago with Navman. The problem is with older sleeves (like the original ones supplied with SmartPath Trips/City back in 2001). I'm still waiting for a release date on this one.
palace
Occasional Visitor

Dave, is this the patch i was waiting for ? The speed camera POI thing ? or am i asking too many questions ?

Mark
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Mark, as I said yesterday in this thread any patches to even think about including items like POI's will be months not weeks.

Navman have been struggling to get a stable GPS engine across all of their sleeves, I think from what I've tested they have now achieved this, and they believe so also. Once this has been rolled out, and providing little problems are seen, then I suspect they'll have most of the time available to look at making add-ins, SDK's and perhaps even allowing SmartST Pro to be used with other software.

Time will tell though, it's not something that will happen overnight, or even within the next month.

Bearing in mind that TomTom have spent years trying to perfect their GPS Engine, although they keep adding support for newer GPS Receivers, it's fairly simple going forward when you have a stable engine because primarily all they need to do is add the text for a drive, and specify which COM port it will use and baud rate, and set the receiver to talk NMEA and away you go. Navman have been doing this for less than a year, so it has taken time to perfect the engine.
Mark Bennett
Occasional Visitor

I was sent this patch this week. Unfortunately it made no difference.

I still get loss of fix, followed by recalculation after re-aquiring the fix, and immediate loss of fix after completion of the re-calc of the route.

Any ideas?

Or just back to the drawing board for Navman?
justin.stevens
Occasional Visitor

Can someone please send me the patch ?? I have the same problem... I purchased the Navman 3000 and upgraded to the Smart ST Pro package... Since installing the service pack neither my iPaq 5450 nor my girlfriend's 3870 will acquire satellites... I have contacted NavMan owever as it is the weekend I don't expect to hear from them until next week sometime and I want to use it this weekend. My email address is justin_stevens@mac.com. Thank you

Kind Regards,

Justin Stevens

justin.stevens
Occasional Visitor

NavMan sent me the patch file this afternoon and it appears to have resolved the aforementioned problems I was experiencing.

Justin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: