Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN 2.22 Sound problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN 2.22 Sound problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTN 2.22 Sound problem Reply with quote

I have noticed that since I upgraded to TomTom Nav 2.22 today, the speed dependent volume settings in GPSAssist do not appear to have any effect.
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTN 2.22 Sound problem Reply with quote

Thought I had found the problem today - in GPSAssist Settings the Volume control checkbox had become unchecked. However it does not appear to have helped.

The volume seems to be set by the volume control within Navigator only.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I also am very puzzled with another volume related problem;

I have a wav file for "toofast" in GPSAssist. The vloume of this seems very low. If I increase the volume in the iPaq system settings then play this wav file it appears to reduce the volume control again.

All very puzzling.
catken96
Occasional Visitor

I noticed this effect yesterday after upgrading to TTN2.22.   First instruction, eg:- "After 300 hundred yards turn left" would be OK, but the second - "Turn left" would be almost inaudible.       So, I spent some time un-installing/re-installing every combination of GPSAssist and TTN, ie GPSAssist followed by TTN, and vice-versa.   If you install TTN alone, run it,tap on File/Properties, with "Voice instructions" box checked, tapping "Test" will play "Turn Right", "Turn Left" at High Volume ad infinitum. Load GPSAssist,run, and do the same as before, Map/Files/Properties etc. You will find that the voice instructions alternate between loud and very,very low!!! Un-install GPSAssist,run TTN on it's own, and "Test" produces high Volume levels again. It would seem that the additional software in TTN upgrade, and GPSAssist are not co-habiting. GPSAssist over-writes some files in Windows,as well as adding around 30 other hidden files to the Windows folder. So some file or register could be altering when the Program is running. I have E-mailed Promasoft today informing them of this problem, (it's not their fault,and GPSAssist is a GREAT utility). Hopefully they will come up with a workaround. So,for the moment it's TTN solo.

I use TTN with a Toshiba E330 with a 128Meg SD Card.

Tom

3GGG
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the useful comments Tom. I agree GPSAssist is an excellent product that has kind of fallen behind due to the changes made to TTN so frequently recently. Hopefully they will get a chance to catch up again.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

I just don't see why GPSAssist needs to do anything much to the \Windows folder - at most it might need to put a DLL or two there. 30 hidden files there is just ridiculous.

I was going to try it. I fancied some of the features (and it seems to have many good ones). However, it seems that it hasn't kept up with the changes in TomTom Navigator 2. It also sounds as if it's not particularly 'clean' in the way it installs, uninstalls and interacts with other things on the Pocket PC.

For now, I'll leave it. Hopefully there'll be a TomTom Navigator 2 version along soon that doesn't suffer from these problems - I look forward to that greatly! Indeed, hopefully the lack of minor updates indicates that a proper Navigator 2 version is being worked on.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: