Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hard Reset for Origin B2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hard Reset for Origin B2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evildaveuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Hard Reset for Origin B2 Reply with quote

I've only had my Origin B2 for a day, and today I had it hard-wired into my car with success. Unfortunately when I was at home sat on my drive way, I "messed" around with the device too much and set a personal waypoint as my driveway. Now, whenever I'm leaving my house or parking, the B2 alerts me, and I can't delete the waypoint because if I did, I would crash as I would have to be moving. I've already tried deleting the waypoint as stated in the manual, but the alert beeps for less than 2 seconds, as I have to stop the car, otherwise I would drive into my garage door.

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of this situation before, but I totally regret pressing the button in the first place. Is there anyway I can remove the waypoint by doing a hard reset, and if so, does anyone know how to perform the action?

Many thanks.
AndyR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere in the menu, there is a reset to factory setting option, however i do not think that this will clear your waypoints. You only need to be moving at 1mph for the alert to appear, from which you can then delete the waypoint. If this is too dangerous i suggest you give originb2 a call - their customer support is good. Number can be found at www.originb2.com
evildaveuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy Smile
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Hard Reset for Origin B2 Reply with quote

Not sure if this will help but if you select the "File" option in your "Origin Internet Update Utility" there is an option to "Initialize Remote"

You could try this, I seem to recall crashing an upload to the B2 due to connection problem. As advised by Origin I used this option and it seemed to recover the situation.

Regards

Buck
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Hard Reset for Origin B2 Reply with quote

Not sure if this will help but if you select the "File" option in your "Origin Internet Update Utility" there is an option to "Initialize Remote"

You could try this, I seem to recall crashing an upload to the B2 due to connection problem. As advised by Origin I used this option and it seemed to recover the situation.

Regards

Buck

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: