Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 5 & POI.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 5 & POI.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rustynuts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 5 & POI. Reply with quote

I read here that the speed camera database isn't supported by the new Navigator 5 from TomTom, yet I've also read posts from people saying they've got it working on their PDA. So, I'm puzzled.

I'm just about to buy a PDA (Dell Axim X50v) and TomTom 5, but it would be nice to know if the speed camera database will work with it if I do.

Anyone able to shed some light on this issue for me?

Many thanks.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will work with TT5. The page hasn't been updated yet.

It's very easy to set up.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
drrbr1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera database/POI Sync Reply with quote

I seem to have got POI Sync and TT Navigator 5 working by changing the storage card folder name from Great_Britain_ Plus Map ( as inTT Navigator5) to Great_ Britain Navigator Map (as in TT3).
All my chosen POI's downloaded OK through POI Sync (V3.6), including the Speed Cameras, are listed in TT5 POI list, show on the map and are warned in Navigator. It also plots routes OK using "Navigate to (chosen) POI, although I have only tested my downloaded POI's not TT ones.
With French Speed cameras I downloaded the ov2 file from POI Handler(subscription needed) and pasted this to the France Map folder in the storage card. They show on the map but not yet put to the test!
I'm a pensioner novice in all this but it seems to work OK though early days - hope this helps.
Many thanks to all those really clever people who posted info to get my system working;
1. Maps loaded initially( copy to hard drive first)
2 Seven figure post codes working ( TomTom folder)
System is Compaq 3970 with TomTom BT Mk1, HP SD card fix (512 MB), Version 2.1, A/Sync 3.7 - 3.8 doesn't work for me.
Rustynuts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, good. So everything will work when I get the whole lot bought. I've been waiting for the new version 5, and now it's out I find that the upgrade from verion 3 gets you the European maps, but the standalone version 5 doesn't. Bummer. Never mind.

Thanks for the info.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: