Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Recommended Suppliers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommended Suppliers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndglynn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Recommended Suppliers Reply with quote

Just bought a super system after MUCH research and found all these people to be incredibly easy to deal with.

iPAQ 3970 - Dixons (best deal) - £399 plus £3.95 delivery.

Emtac BT GPS and Tomtom Navigator - Global Positioning Systems UK - free delivery, all in stock, no messing around.

Proclips and Brodit Mounts - handNav.co.uk. Online ordering, great communications following order, can't fault their attitude. I couldn't find a Nemesis website and they're the supposed official distributors.

The main thing is that they all allowed me to order online and followed up the order with plenty of information and efficient despatch. What more can you say?

I also bought a memory card on Ebay for half the price most others wanted - the seller's ID is 'tsnaith' - very good service at a great saving. It came from the US though the seller is in Bedfordshire. iPAQ sreen protectors and case also coming from US - incredible savings so has to be done.

Well done and thanks everyone!

jg

Friendly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Recommended Suppliers Reply with quote

Must add to that Angus at Law Farrell is just fantastic.

I have an iPAQ 3970 and have bought from him Co-Pilot, Leadtek GPS and fixing kits.

I've had various problems, none of which have been as a result of Angus, and yet he has been helping sort it all out. He has a very honest and open manner, in stark contrast to many retailers, and obviously believes passionately in customer service.

Add to that the fact that he is competitive on price and as some retailers adverts say "You'd be mad to go anywhere else!
johndglynn
Occasional Visitor

Update on HandNav UK; obviously I spoke far too soon in my praise. I initially ordered 2 proclips - new A4 and 1996 Volvo 940. The A4 one came immediately but the Volvo one would take a week (I was told). 8 weeks and much gnashing of teeth later, having been told everything from 'be there in another 4 days' to 'we sent it two weeks ago', chasing handNav for the fifth time finally drew the response that the items were unobtainable, out of production and could be back ordered, not that they could have called me to tell me this though.

I have now been promised a refund (not seen it yet), rang Nemesis and they have one on the shelf, cheaper than HandNav by £4. HandNav? Bloody hand shandy more like.
Aidi
Regular Visitor

I think you'll like the Brodit mounts from Nemesis. I popped up to see them the other day, and they sorted all my needs there and then and even fitted them for me!! Hope you get the same level of service that I did..

btw, the lady there has great legs!!

Cyas

Aidi
Jon Bowes
Occasional Visitor

Hi johndglynn,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope your Emtac and TomTom Navigation system is still working fine. Any problems you may have you can contact our Technical Support team.

www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk

PS.Dont forget we offer a PRICEMATCH on any geniune offers as well!!

Spotlight Guides

jonathan.bowes@spotlightguides.co.uk
Jacal
Occasional Visitor

I have just bought a RoyalTek G-Dome from http://www.pccardsdirect.co.uk I ordered it yesterday at 4.30 and received the Dome today at 8.30 through the post. It was a great service and the prices are good as I have used them before.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: