Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to install (camera database) POIs to TomTom Navigator 5+
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to install (camera database) POIs to TomTom Navigator 5+
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beach_bum wrote:
hi,
do you leave the warn closer than: 273 yards, at 273 or change it, which is best?
thanks

I've graduated mine according to the speed. In other words, I have presumed that a 70 mph camera will mean that I have been travelling towards it at a higher speed than I would for a 40 mpc camera, and that therefore I would need a longer distance to slow down. (bit like stopping distances). Well, it makes sense to me!
biccus1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I did try to update with poiedit with little sucess so have decided to do it one at a time Smile

When i load the files into the great britian folder in TT5 can i remove some of the ones there i will never use?

Also how often should i update the speed camera stuff?
And should i remove the speed camera stuff from the tt5 great britian folder whne i update to new ones?

sorry for the questions

shane
smithgt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using CheckPOInt v3.2 before upgrading to TT5. Now it sync's the POI's to the old map folder and not the new PLUS map folder. Can this be changed?
pazza101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: pictures Reply with quote

hi when i install the camera software why are all the cameras the same a red box?
can and how do i change this
and how can i put voice prompts like in tt3 u know the ones like speed camera and such like
jupiter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the settings not being saved is because the .cfg file in the map directory is set to read only. If the card has been unlocked and you still get the problem then

1.Copy the file to your computer using actives sync,
2. Right click the file on your computer and go to properties
3. deselect the tick on read only and click ok
4. Copy the file back to your map directory on the card. :D
pocketnick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Num of POI in TT5 Reply with quote

Thanks for posting on POI on TT 5.

I had the same problem, i could not get some of my POI to show after the upgrade. I can confirm that on TomTom 5 you only get around 40 POI.

another down side to what looks like a great product

Nick
Flinx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I installed Poi Edit it installed OK and did what it said it would but now whenever it runs it causes Zone Alarm Pro to shut down and freezes any open windows. It's so bad that I have removed Poi Edit and now can't sync the speed camera poi,s.
GGMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you change POI.dat to (say) POI.datold (mines at \Storage Card\Great-Britain-Map), It will pick your POI that you out in your self no problem 8) .

PS: can anyone direct me to a link to add more vioces/sound for POI?
Thanks
GGMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you change POI.dat to (say) POI.datold (mines at \Storage Card\Great-Britain-Map), It will pick your POI that you put in there your self, no problem 8) .

PS: can anyone direct me to a link to add more vioces/sound for POI?
Thanks
edt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Num of POI in TT5 Reply with quote

pocketnick wrote:
Thanks for posting on POI on TT 5.

I had the same problem, i could not get some of my POI to show after the upgrade. I can confirm that on TomTom 5 you only get around 40 POI.

another down side to what looks like a great product

Nick

Can I just ask... do you mean 40 types of POIs? Or...?

Thinking of upgrading from TT3 to 5, but will stick if theres a badly limiting factor
thanks
Ed
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Num of POI in TT5 Reply with quote

edt wrote:

Can I just ask... do you mean 40 types of POIs? Or...?

Yes. Only 40 categories of POI, not including the TT built-in POI's.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mr_stu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

I have Tom Tom3 and TOm Tom 5. I upgraded to TOm Tom 5, i only had 26 categories of POI and it kept on forgetting my audio warnings that i set for some POI's and it also kept losing my Fav's list as well and where home is.

So i down graded myseld to Tom Tom 3 again with Checkpoint 3 for the audio warnings.

Another thing i noticed as i did ataully use Tom Tom 5 for a trip into the centre of Birmingham, it was fine apart from i lost GPS signal 3 times for about 5 seconds each time. I don't know if it was a bad day or anything but i don't normaly lose signal with Tom Tom 3. I normaly have 7/9 sats on me, or at least 5. It also took a good 10 minutes to get a good GPS lock on me with TOm TOm 5 when on TOm Tom 3 takes about 2 mins max, sometimes right away.

I have a Mia Mitac 168.

I ataully love Tom Tom 5 maps, interface and the Map function is alot faster than on TOm TOm 3 and its great. And it's great you can use TOm TOm it self to give audio warnings. Just a shame it's losing my Favs list and audio warnins i set.

Anybody got any ideas or ways around this or are we stuck with TOm Tom 3 with checkpoint?

So this 40 Cats seems a bit iffy as it loses my favs list and home, and my audio warning settings for some POI's i set it for after i shut down tom tom 5 and turn it back on? Any ideas or am i stuck with TT3?

Stu
mr_stu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mio Mitac 168 not Mia. Laughing Out Loud

So yeah if anyone has any ideas or is having same problems, let me know. Hope it's just not me.

Stu.
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flinx wrote:
When I installed Poi Edit it installed OK and did what it said it would but now whenever it runs it causes Zone Alarm Pro to shut down and freezes any open windows. It's so bad that I have removed Poi Edit and now can't sync the speed camera poi,s.

Many years ago I gave Zone Alarm Pro the boot as I found it extremely unstable on XP. All the later versions I have been tempted to try have had some compatability problem or other. I found Sygate to be a far better product.

As for POIEdit - it has worked 100% here running XP.
wijcc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have followed the instructions as written (have unchecked "Warn only if POI is on route" option for all the speed camera warnings/POI). The camera locations come up on screen(map) but I am not getting any warning/proximity alerts? Can anyone please help?
Thanks in advance guys Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: