Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Confusion surrounding Maps of Western Europe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Confusion surrounding Maps of Western Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy_n_mary
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Confusion surrounding Maps of Western Europe Reply with quote

We are confused. We have a Tom Tom Go 300. We are off to Germany via France for holiday within the next month. We want to get maps for Tom Tom of both countries. Ideally we would like to get the Western Europe maps on CD (due out supposedly end June) and stick what we need on a big SD card.

The issue confusing us: There seem to be plenty of web sites (such as Amazon) selling "Maps Of Western Europe - CD For Tom Tom Go Classic 300/500/700" right now. Further investigation suggests these (6 CDs) were released mid-April.

What is due out at the end of June ? Is it simply that the maps are updated ? If so, how old are the April maps ?

Thanks.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can see there are only two map versions. The "old", available all last year and the "new" available soon. I think the new maps have been available for a few weeks as upgrades to "old" maps but not yet available as a standalone new product.

In TomTom speak April means June. "available soon" means "just after you needed them for your summer holiday" etc.etc. Crying or Very sad
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
ClaretKid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Availability - maps of Western Europe Reply with quote

I ordered the MOWE for Go 300 etc from Amazon. They quoted me a 2 week delivery (so it should have arrived on 20th June) but they e-mailed me on 19th to say it would be another 2 weeks.

However when asked further they have admitted that the 2 further weeks is just a guess and they are really at the mercy of the suppliers (TomTom).

I feel a little disapponted to say the least, as I'm off to France & Spain in a month, and one of the reasons I got the GPS was to avoid that 'completely lost in a foreign country in a hire car' experience that often puts a damper on touring.

Wouldn't it just be nice to know if they are going to actually produce this product before most of us have returned from our summer holidays?
nich
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: maps Reply with quote

i ordered the mowe from Tomtom. i ordered on the 3rd May they were delivered on the 11th June. they are the latest version. i am not quite sure were the rumour that they are not released yet has come from.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nich,

Did you upgrade your MOWE maps from the older 4 CD set or buy new?

The story is that the upgrades are being supplied, to previous users but the same maps are not available to new buyers yet.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
nich
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotcha. Yes i upgraded. Thats the difference.
nich
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meant to say, The new cd (6) in all are the full maps not just an upgrade , so if these are available the new maps are just the same?
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the upgrade set and the "new" set are identical. It seems that TomTom are selectively selling at the moment. Rolling Eyes
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: