Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using TTN5 offline
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using TTN5 offline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Using TTN5 offline Reply with quote

After a hard reset and clean install, I now have TTN5 working great on my HP h4150. When working with the GPS, I start up N5 and the BT browser starts up automatically a few second later to select my BT GPS. This all works fine for me.
My question though is if for example I want to plan a route offline without a GPS, say in the office just to browse the projected route - I get interrupted by the BT Browser continually popping up. I believe there is a registry entry to stop this but how would this affect N5 when I want to use it with my GPS unit. Would I have to manually connect to the GPS before starting up N5? Would N5 pick up the connection and work normally after this without any further interaction or issues? What options do I have? TIA.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even when you have sorted out the Bluetooth problem, you won't be able to plan an itinerary without being connected to GPS. This is a bug in TT5 - you could always plan itineraries offline with TT3 and I believe you can with TomTom Go (which uses the same engine as TT5)
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
donka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin2 wrote:
Even when you have sorted out the Bluetooth problem, you won't be able to plan an itinerary without being connected to GPS. This is a bug in TT5 - you could always plan itineraries offline with TT3 and I believe you can with TomTom Go (which uses the same engine as TT5)
Robin

I don't have any plans to use the itinerary function anyway - I have never used it in the past don't envisage me ever using it unless part of a 'live' journey.
harry66
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using TT5 with a Fortuna Clipon Bluetooth GPS.

I configured the TT5 connection settings (under GPS Status->Configure) to use 'Other Cable NMEA GPS' via a Bluetooth Com port.

With the above configuration I dont see the Bluetooth browser anymore. When I run TT5 without the Clipon switched on, TT5 just shows a message 'No GPS Device!' but I can ignore that and use TT5. I just tried Itenary planning and I was succesfully able to add items to the itenary - even though I am in the office and I dont have my Clipon with me.
harry66
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry meant 'switched off'
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To plan a route without GPS, just use the Plan A-B option. It's on the second menu screen if you haven't modified the menu structure.
donka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rtj70 wrote:
To plan a route without GPS, just use the Plan A-B option. It's on the second menu screen if you haven't modified the menu structure.

Yip, I know how to used the advanced A - B planning, the problem is with the BT browser popping up continually prompting me to select a BT GPS device when I'm not planning on connecting one.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with Advanced Planning is that you can only have one waypoint. If you insert a second, it will erase the first
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
rtj70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's just the BT GPS selection screen that's the problem, when it pops up hit the button for iTask and switch back to TT5. Don't cancel or try selecting a GPS device because the BT window will just come back again.

By switching manually back to TT5, the BT window can be ignored in the background. That's how I use it anyway.

Rob
donka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that if I cancel it a couple of times then it reports back that no serial port was found and then it no longer pops up. This is fine for me as when you restart the application it will prompt again and bluetooth works fine. Thanks for the input.
SKYravefever
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me (TT4.4 + T3 (PalmOS 5.0) + BT GPS), I receive only two prompts when using plan route. First one comes up when I start TT, and the second comes up about 5 sec after start up. No additional prompts after those.
dunos
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a program called BTRegTweak to stop the annoying bluetooth manager thing asking me which gps unit (i only have one) I want to use. I have an ipaq 4150 and TTN5.

There are several places you can find the program, just google for it. I am not sure the developer has his own website.

Dan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: