Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 & Navman Jacket.....help please!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 & Navman Jacket.....help please!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shindy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rutger

Am having exactly the same problems, GPS status was showing 6 sats on full and it still wouldn't get a lock. It eventually got one after about 50 miles and then as soon as the signal got lost it was back to square one.

Would hate to have to replace the NAVMAN sleeve as have a powered RAM mount and a 2GB CF card for it Sad
Rutger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the 'suggestion' naza!

Considering I do believe I took the plunge with the Arkon CM805 mount and then recommended it to you!

Seriously, this is the perfect upgrade to a Navman Jacket. It has consistently performed much better and gets a lock as soon as it is powered i.e. when lighter socket is powered. So even before the iPaq is connected to the mount the receiver is locked on and waiting for TTN5.

It is set up as an 'other wired receiver' '4800 baud' and 'direct serial connection to COM1'. Solves the problem of having to buy another mount as well as GPS receiver and is also compatible with the hx4700 that we all want!

Anyone want to buy a Navman Jacket????
naza
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm that depends does it work on TT5?

hahahahahhaha

sorry for the sarcasm but it had to be said.

Naza

System Config:
HP HX4700
WM2003
TTN 5 PDA and TT Mobile
Tomtom Wireless GPS
Sandisk 1.0GB SD
Nokia 6680 on vodafone
E1000 on "Three"
(Not a gadget freek honest ;-)
Henry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: TT 5 and Navman Reply with quote

Hi,

Just to say that I've just upgraded my two versions of TT 3 and eagerly awaited delivery (They finally tuned up yesterday)

Like many other prople both my PDAs (one is in my girlfriends car) are IPAQs with Navman jackets with cutom mounts... why did I waste my money on TT5?

I can't believe that such a fundamental bug could have got through the TT product testing (assuming they have one). The TT web site says the Navman Jacket is supported. At the moment TT5 is totally unusable so it looks like I will have to go back to TT3 and the lack of UK postcode support (but at least it works)

Hopefully TT will quickly being out a "service" pack to address mine and many other customers issues, or someone perhaps someone from the Pocket GPS team could “discuss” our problems with the TomTom representatives at the forthcoming meet in Wales on 2 July?
DazzlerB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All
I have an IPAQ 3660 with a Navman 3450 sleeve (now with the 3.1.6 driver) and Tomtom 5. At the start all worked fine and the set up was very reliable. However, now it doesn't seem to keep a fix for longer than a couple of seconds and the never finds one again. Can anybody suggest anything?
I have heard about there could be issues with the Tomtom drivers keeping the Comm port 4 tied up, thus preventing the Navman drive from accessing it, and have had a go at resolving this, but to no avail. CAN ANYONE HELP???
I even tried a hard reset and re-installation of al the apps, but no change!

I agree with Hannibal that the time it takes to gain or re-gain a fix is ridiculous.

Thanks
Dazzler

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: