Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New TomTom BT GPS Available to Buy Separately?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New TomTom BT GPS Available to Buy Separately?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tezzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: New TomTom BT GPS Available to Buy Separately? Reply with quote

Hi

Does anyone know whether the new TomTom GPS unit is available to buy hardware only (I'm gettin the sofware as an upgrade).

Thanks
Terry
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tezzer
I have the TT5 upgrade and a wonderful receiver (BT338) that works perfectly on TT3. Unfortunately TT5 refuses to recognize my BT338 and I have had to revert back to TT3 until a remedy is found. I have no doubt that the new TT5 receiver will work perfectly when one is able to purchase it but I have not found one on the net yet. Just keep your eyes open and be patient.
Trev.
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trev, I have it working (Bt-338) with TTN5..

Did you select BT GPS or wired?
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are interested GPSforless are selling the latest TomTom BT GPS seperately
ROBBINS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trev
I have had similar problems using a 2210 and Holux GR230 BT. In the end, the only way to establish a BT connection is to leave the GR230 running fro about 5 mins before turning on the 2210. It seems to work every time now. Dont forget to do a wired GPS connection. I think too that it is TT way of increasing sales of their own BT GPS.

Robbins
genghisackroyd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI

PDAMods have told me that they expect(ed) them in by last Friday (10-Jun-05) and the price will be about £120.
I still think I'll go for the GlobalSat BT-388 as it seems to be a better reciever/battery life although the life of the TomTom (according to a colleague) is excellent.

PDA Current: iPAQ hx4700 + Co-Pilot Live/TomTom 2, 3 & 5 + Fortuna Clip-On + 512Mb Ultra ii SD + 256Mb SD + Brodit Active Mount

PDA History: iPAQs (2210 <-- 3970) <-- Palms (M515 <-- M505)
tezzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks all!

tezzer
jbegg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tezzer,

Try www.superetrader.co.uk. I just bought one for £112.00 all in (including P & P). It works great with my TomTom Navigator Vers 5 upgrade. When I got mine on Friday they had three left, they sent it out on Thursday and I got it at my work address at 10:00, great service.

I get five reception bars even with it placed in my closed glove box in the car.
tezzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers - having taken you up on your advice. Have a holiday coming up in Sweden/Denmark (including England vs Denmark in the footy) so fingers crossed I get my v5 upgrade before then!

Tezzer
jbegg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tezzer wrote:
cheers - having taken you up on your advice. Have a holiday coming up in Sweden/Denmark (including England vs Denmark in the footy) so fingers crossed I get my v5 upgrade before then!

Tezzer

Hi Tezzer,

Hope you have a great time on holiday - especially if you get your upgrade before you go. The GPS receiver wont let you down. I had it on in my Living Room at the weekend (after I got my initiial sat fix) showing six bars - what a star!
AlanK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the old one turn of when it never had a BT link?

Noticed mines has switched of a few times, so far thankfully only when it wasn't connected to the Ipaq.
jbegg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AlanK,

I have never had this problem with the TomTom GPS Receiver Mk I. It has worked very well for me. The reason I wanted the Mk II version is that Mk I didn't work well in "urban canyons" like the tall buildings in London for instance. The Mk II version is based on the "Sirfstar III" chip which is specially optimised for "urban canyons" (areas where signals are hard to receive). I have yet to try it out in London - am waiting for my next trip.
AlanK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure its a problem as actually will help the battery as long as it doesn't happen in use (so far have not been able to use it long enough tho as I have a 4700 with the same problems as others)

I to bought this for the urban use as I plan on using it in London. Seems to be eating up batery life a fair bit quicker tho Sad
tezzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The receiver arrived today - top tip, jbegg!

Does it work with TT3? My upgrade han't arrived yet, and for some reason, I can't get a bluetooth connection with my HP 2210 - it can see it fine, but says that there are no services available - guess I need the new GPS driver....

Terry
jbegg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tezzer,

Sorry I haven't used TTN3, so can't say whether TomTom GPS Receiver Mk II works with it. I can only vouch for TTN5. TomTom do say that they support their own receivers, so you can try UK customer support on 0845-1610009 (Mon-Fri, 09:00 till 16:00).

Hopefully you can't have too long to wait for your TTN5 upgrade, so you could use TomTom GPS Receiver Mk I in the meantime with TTN 3 while you are waiting.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: