Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 3 Licence Key
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 3 Licence Key

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernwin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Destinator 3 Licence Key Reply with quote

I finally got round to setting up my Acer N35 installing the Console on the PC etc. Problem arose however when I found that I did not have a licence key to register the software with Destinator. I've noticed from other posts on here that it is a small sticker in on the Destinator Quick Start Guide. I purchased my unit from ebuyer.com and I'm afraid I didn't get a quick start guide with it. I've contacted Destinator support on the website to ask for a licence key number and also to enquire about unlocking additional maps. They have responded fairly unhelpfully IMO and told me to go back to the retailer. I understand again from posts on here that ebuyer.com's aftersales service can be difficult to obtain so I guess I'm a bit stuck. Anyone else have a similar problem?
youngun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem.

I contacted the retailer and they couldn't help Rolling Eyes So I got back in contact with Destinator. They requested I faxed them copies of the reciepts and they sent me a new CD-Key, that enabled me to register the product and purchase more maps Smile

Then 3 weeks later I found the orginal quick start guide hidden under the sofa, along with the orginal CD-Key sticker on the front. So make sure you haven't got the orginal CD-Key before hassling Destinator
Fifer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CD came in a DVD style case and the quick-start guide with the key on the cover is slipped inside the front cover held by a couple of clips.
MikeyF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernwin,

If you ordered it from ebuyer, firstly the Acer came complete with the software pre-loaded onto the 256Mb card.

For this software you don't need a key as it's preinstalled and somehow everytime you install the sd card it recognises it as licensed.

Secondly the Quick start guide is an A5 36 page booklet and the key (which you don't need) is on the front cover.

I know this as I also purchased from ebuyer.
In addition I've done a fiar amount of playing around with the software and performed several hard resets and eachtime the software just starts up again no probs. Furthermore when I registered on the destinator website with the key on the front of the quick start guide it stated this version fo the software doesn't need an activation code.

Any probs drop me a message or return email.
Bernwin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for your help. If I dont need it well and good. I am going to get another SD card and purchase a licence key for the map of France.
AllyCat
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Like MikeyF, the website told me that I did not need a license key, and indeed, the pre-installed Destinator recovers after a hard reset. But I tried copying all the files from the 256M SD card onto a Viking 512M card and Desinator refused to run. Did I do something wrong, or is the key somehow locked to the card, perhaps with the apparently empty "ignore_my_docs" file ? Or might the speed of the card be significant as seems to be indicated on another thread?

Also, after changing SD cards, I sometimes get "Destinator was not properly installed", or even "Bluetooth license has expired" error messages. But after simply dismissing them, or perhaps a soft reset, Destinator runs OK again. Do others experience these problems?

Cheers, Alan.
Memory Map (v5.4.2 & v5.1.3 OS & Euro), GPS gate,OSGPSconverter.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: