Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Flaky software????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Flaky software????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Flaky software???? Reply with quote

I am sure its not just me! I loaded Assist into my Axim, TT2 has been working great without, but Assist just seems to take forever to do anything at all, for example how long should it take within Assist to laod a list into manager.....5 minutes?

Maybe its becuase its the trial version so far, although the website says the trial is fully working until the 40th start, just generally Assist seems to be slow and painfull to operate, I have the settings correct, but no warning at the alloted seconds before safety cameras.

I may just give up and rely on the normal POI within TT2, and forego the warnings.

Is "POI WARNING" any better?

Best regards David
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Flaky software???? Reply with quote

I can't comment on GPS Assist as it doesn't run very well on my 3630 but I have been trying out Checkpoint today and it works great and is free! See our downloads page for the link.
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

Thanks for that info Darren.

Best regards David
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

Darren,

I downloaded and have been using Checkpoint, and its is great, simple and works a treat. Thanks.

Best regards David
cornz
Lifetime Member

I too have problems with gpasaasit and TT2.

Lockups, long load times, trouble when playing an alert sample for s[eed camera detection.

Ive gone back to TTN1 as gpsassist and TTN1 work perfectly.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

I'm running TTN2 and GPSAssist fine here. You do get long load times on startup if you're getting GPSAssist to start TTN, but you get that under TTN1. I don't see any lockups on two Pocket PC's here (3870 and 3850).
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

I have been using checkpoint for a while now and it still works just as you think it ought to, no frills no problems, fast, accurate, easy. And its free, this is one I would pay for!

Best regards David
zappy61
Regular Visitor

I also get lockups with my 3970. It dosn't seem 'seamless with TTN2' to me. I don't use it much now and am waiting for the upgrade.
zappy61
Regular Visitor

Checkpoint looks good. Do I have to remove GPSassist or will checkpoint run along side? Also I should know this but which version do I need for my 3970?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

The iPAQ 3970 runs Pocket PC 2002. All machines that run Pocket PC 2002 have ARM processors.

Does that sort your problem?

David
zappy61
Regular Visitor

Yes, Thanks Dave. Will I have to remove GPSAssist?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

I haven't tried GPSAssist myself, but I don't think uninstalling it will be necessary.

I recommend you select the options in CheckPOInt to start TomTom Navigator when you start CheckPOInt, and that closing TomTom Navigator closes CheckPOInt. Once you've done both those, use the CheckPOInt option to start Navigator and see how you get on.

David
zappy61
Regular Visitor

Thanks Dave
genghisackroyd
Occasional Visitor

I have just encountered a couple of problem that I haven't seen reported elsewhere (one has been reported to GPSAssist without any response).

1. I am in the UK yet the sunrise/set times are activating at 09:15 and 16:30 (ish) but I cannot see how to reset/correct them - the latitute is reported as 53 degrees so it can't be loooking at that and the date is set correctly (even in mid-winter the sun rises earlier than 09:15!!! never mind mid June)?????

2. The software now fails to launch reporting a 'Control File1 ({25C953B5.....64C}) could not be created. I am about to uninstall and reinstall but not what I would have expected to do - good job Iam not half-way though a journey.

Anyone a comment/s?

Chris

PDA Current: iPAQ hx4700 + Co-Pilot Live/TomTom 2, 3 & 5 + Fortuna Clip-On + 512Mb Ultra ii SD + 256Mb SD + Brodit Active Mount

PDA History: iPAQs (2210 <-- 3970) <-- Palms (M515 <-- M505)
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Chris, the time zone problem has been documented, apparently fixed, but some don't think so (personally I don't use it). The second option the ControL File. Have you installed any other plug-in software to TomTom Navigator and uninstalled it recently ? This can cause the Control File problem, usually if you've installed something like POI-Warner and uninstalled it because it removes other DLL's that are used by GPSAssist etc.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: