Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bought Navigator 3 and can't get your GPS to work?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bought Navigator 3 and can't get your GPS to work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Bought Navigator 3 and can't get your GPS to work? Reply with quote

Many new Pocket PCs now come with Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition installed. These machines include the iPAQ hx4700, hx2000 series, rx3000 series and the Dell X50v, also some newer Phone Edition devices such as the O2 XDA2s.

The only versions of Navigator 3 likely to work on WM2003SE machines are Navigator 3.07 and GPS 3.07. If you have a recent TomTom Navigator 3 pack, you will find these on an "Update CD" in the package, otherwise you can get them from the downloads area of the TomTom web site.

You install the 3.07 software, then install the maps from the CD or CDs in your Navigator 3 package.

If you have a TomTom Traffic subscription, you should download Navigator 3.07T from the Traffic area of My TomTom and install that instead of Navigator 3.07.

If you have installed an earlier version of TomTom GPS on WM2003SE, it's recommended that you remove it fully using the following instructions:
  • Turn off Bluetooth
  • Soft reset (on most machines that means poking the recessed reset button with your stylus without touching anything else

After the soft reset:
  • Start Menu
  • Settings
  • System tab
  • Remove Programs
  • Tap on TomTom ~ GPS
  • Tap Remove

You will probably then be asked to press OK to reset the Pocket PC. When you've done that you should repeat the above "After the soft reset" instructions until you don't find TomTom ~ GPS in the list. At that point, just press OK in the top right of your screen.

David

(Update - better title, another device added to the list of WM2003SE devices)
mypackaging
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth connection to phone lost after installing TomTom3 Reply with quote

I have installed and used Tomtom 3.07 on my Dell Axim X30 using the TTBT GPS receiver. All is well until I discovered that I could not use BT to connect to my phone anymore.
I have read around the reviews etc and decided to uninstall the Tomtom -gps program after a soft reset.
This has given me back the bluetooth to phone but now cannot connect to the gps. I get the message GPS disabled.
HELP!
Trugga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings from a forum newbie but a TomTom veteran since v2

O2's XDA IIi (Windows Mobile 2nd ed 2003, v4.21.1088, build 14235.2.0.0)
TomTom/wired TomTom GPS v3.07

XDAIIi reports "GPS - Cannot open COM1: Port does not exist"

I bought the XDAIIi just after Christmas (2 weeks after they were launched) and installed TomTom - it worked without issue.

Following a crash (whilst using video camera), and having to hard reset it, I've been unable to get the GPS to connect. TomTom Navigator 3 (UK maps) works fine, but cannot (or will not) receive a satelite signal.

I've now hard reset it a few times and done a clean install from v3.07 as suggested above, but it still refuses to work.

The wired TomTom GBS receiver does give a steady green blinking light when connected to the cradle.

The cradle (that has worked) is from PDAMODS and refered to as a "XDAII/XDAIIi/XDA/SPV M1000 TomTom Custom Car Mounting Kit"

Any ideas

Lawrence
TomTom Car Cradle
BT Think Outside keyboard
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start Menu, Settings, Connections tab, Beam - untick the box, press OK. That should sort it.

David
Trugga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for that David - that did the trick.

I'm now kicking myself for not spotting it (ouch)

I borrowed a BT GPS reciever at the weeken (hooked up to my XDA), but while I was impressed, I still prefer the convenience of the wired unit.

Many thanks

Lawrence
TomTom Car Cradle
BT Think Outside keyboard
Paulb222
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Help needed with a NON SE version of PPC 2003 Reply with quote

I know this thread was started to help owners of PPC2003SE devices, but I thought it might apply to me also.

I have recently 'upgraded' my iPaq 5450 to PPC2003 (no SE upgrade available to my knowledge).

Tomtom Nav3 runs but whereas previously I could also run Win MediaPlayer and listen to MP3s in the car and have Tomtom interupt the music as required, now, whenever I put any load on the iPaqs resources the GPS hangs. The rest of TT remains fine.

I have tried uploading the Version 3.07 as described above in the vain hope that it may be the same problem as hinted on the TT site (something about 'this version fixes the problem of TT hanging when a call comes in'), but this has made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The only way to get the connection back is either;

a soft reset ( - not handy for the music listening) or to,

Exit TT, turn off BT signal, turn ON BT signal, re-establish BT conn to GPS using BT manager, start TT ( - not handy when driving)

Oh a couple more (possible decoys) to throw in... previously I had TT loaded in my file store (it is now in nomal memory), and now I 'only' have 12MB of free memory showing on my iPaq. Would either of these have any bearing on it?

Many thanks,

PAUL.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: