Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Big Cat Hunting Stilts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Cat Hunting Stilts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Big Cat Hunting Stilts Reply with quote

Now this might sound a bit off topic, but it sort of has the PDA theme at hand because I was checking out Proporta's UK website to see what new GPS or PDA gadgets they have. I'm always on the lookout for new things, and being a photographer (digital) I happened to come across a product they claim to be selling shortly called the Proporta Big Cat Hunting Stilts. I just went into uncontrollable fits of laughter!

Click to enlarge

The text reads "The Proporta hunting stilts are made from seasoned mahogany and fitted with rubber grip souls and AntiNana(TM) banana-skin grip souls.   Supplied in a handy pack of four, you're guaranteed to remain king of the jungle. Don't let lanky quadropedal prey get away this holiday - stay on top of the situation and let technology do the hard work. The Proporta hunting stilts have collapsible telescopic front knee joints to assist in killing and feeding.

FURTHER TO COMPLAINTS WE HAVE NOW FITTED A DOUBLE LOCKING MECHANISM TO ALL COLLAPSIBLE KNEE JOINTS TO AVOID EMBARASSING 'DIRT-EATING' INCIDENTS DURING THE CHASE."

Now if that's not enough, they also say "Coming soon from Proporta - GIRAFFE INLINE SKATES. Giraffes, don't let improbable-big-cat-on-stilts type hunting behaviour ruin your festive season. Make a sharp exit on our really-very-big-indeed inline skates and give a tall tiger a ho ho ho to remember."

I guess it's probably an old April Fools because the price would be a staggering £1 Million. Check out the Proporta Website for more info.

Kind of makes you wonder if they're bring out satellite stilts ?
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Big Cat Hunting Stilts Reply with quote

Well with sat stilts all the GPS sats can be accuratly placed in geostationary orbits, but you wont get me skinning up the pole to change the batteries.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: