Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map / Route planning query
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map / Route planning query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmyo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Map / Route planning query Reply with quote

OK I have TTG (the original version) but not the v5 maps as I have been to lazy to root out my CD for the products code (and re-add all my POIs / Postcodes etc) - anyway:

At the weekend I wanted to go to 'Ormonds Close' in Bristol. TTG could not find the address, or any of the roads within a few miles around (I looked up their names on a mapping site) so I gave up and did it the paper way.

However, I noticed when I was driving that the target street name was indeed showing as my current location as I drove, so TTG does know about it, but it wasn't showing up when I tried to plan a route to it. I also tried using the area of Bristol (Bradley Stoke) as the town but it isn't in TTG.

So the roads are mapped in TTG, named in TTG, but can't be planned to. Any ideas ???
Parky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using TTN3 with the latest TT4 maps (the same as Go maps) you need to search for Patchway (South Gloucestershire) which then brings up Ormonds Close (BS32 0). Looks like it's an anomaly that Teleatlas need to look at.

Alan
timmyo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ta.

typical - you can only plan your way to a destination if your local knowledge about it is good Rolling Eyes Laughing
Snig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works fine with the new maps.

Regards,
Mark.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: