Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can anyone answer this question for me?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can anyone answer this question for me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Can anyone answer this question for me? Reply with quote

Can anyone answer this question for me? Can I load the maps for another country into a GPS device whilst at home in the UK, enter in a route complete with destination and view the route? The reason for the question is that I cannot get a response from Mio as to whether all the regions of France are covered at street level on the Mio 269. As I have up to date paper maps of France I thought that if I enter a route and it comes up as a blank on the Mio then I can return the product as unsuitable, being as it does not do what it says on the tin. After all my reason for buying the product is for continental touring holidays. Thanking everyone in anticipation of their responses.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Yes

Thanks for the prompt response Darren - short but to the point, and answers my question. I may just put my hand in my pocket, as my preferred choice - TomTom Go 300 does not have any Regions of Europe street level maps until the end of June, if then, whatever I cannot risk waiting until the day before my hols.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the short reply, I was rushing out at the time!

I hate saying this all the time but the GO platform is much better than the Mio269 IMHO.

You should be able to get the GO MOWE before the end of June but I'll endeavour to ellicit a confirmed date for you before you take the plunge and get the Mio.
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Apologies for the short reply, I was rushing out at the time!

I hate saying this all the time but the GO platform is much better than the Mio269 IMHO.

You should be able to get the GO MOWE before the end of June but I'll endeavour to elicit a confirmed date for you before you take the plunge and get the Mio.

Thanks for the advice Darren. I always here such go things about the TomTom - is there anything in particular that makes it stand out from the Mio269 - just to give you some idea of what my needs are, a simple to use straightforward navigation device, being able to download speed camera info is not really on my list of "must haves" or Bluetooth, or MP3 etc. etc. just straight navigation. Would you rate the iCN 510 above the Mio too? had thought about the Premium Edition as an alternative to the Go, which has the maps of Europe included.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faust wrote:

Thanks for the advice Darren. I always here such go things about the TomTom - is there anything in particular that makes it stand out from the Mio269 - just to give you some idea of what my needs are, a simple to use straightforward navigation device, being able to download speed camera info is not really on my list of "must haves" or Bluetooth, or MP3 etc. etc. just straight navigation. Would you rate the iCN 510 above the Mio too? had thought about the Premium Edition as an alternative to the Go, which has the maps of Europe included.
I'd rate the GO 1st, iCN510 2nd and the Mio a poor 3rd.
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Darren,

Finally plumped for the TomTom Go 300 - this has to be the most user friendly platform there is, it's so intuitive, the graphics are simple to follow, the screen is clear and uncluttered and the audio is just so crystal clear and loud, brilliant. It hasn't all been plain sailing though as my first unit went belly up after 27 hours. The load screen came on, then froze and the unit could not be turned off or anything else for that matter. Tried reset, tried everything. Comet were brilliant though, just changed it without any fuss. All I need now is a map of France, TomTom now state week 23 whenever that is supposed to be - suppose it depends on their accounting year.
bootruss
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:o ..just to put in 5p worth..sorry 1st 510 2nd go 3rd mio!
Meester-Martinho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faust wrote:
Hi again Darren,

Finally plumped for the TomTom Go 300 - this has to be the most user friendly platform there is, it's so intuitive, the graphics are simple to follow, the screen is clear and uncluttered and the audio is just so crystal clear and loud, brilliant. It hasn't all been plain sailing though as my first unit went belly up after 27 hours. The load screen came on, then froze and the unit could not be turned off or anything else for that matter. Tried reset, tried everything. Comet were brilliant though, just changed it without any fuss. All I need now is a map of France, TomTom now state week 23 whenever that is supposed to be - suppose it depends on their accounting year.
tomtom use a different calender compared to the rest of planet

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: