Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Traffic Activation: No username or password
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Traffic Activation: No username or password

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whisperwolf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Traffic Activation: No username or password Reply with quote

I activated the thirty day free trial and it said (and still says, when I visit My Tomtom Traffic) my username and password are both blank. My PDA, however, demands that I don't leave the username and password fields blank. Anyone any clue what I can do aside from raise a fault with TomTom and wait up to FOUR DAYS of my 30 day trial for them to respond?
Whisperwolf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: Spent nearly three quarters of an hour on the phone to them, and even then they couldn't fix it. They've escalated it to second line support.

Ironically, while I was talking to support, someone in support wrote back and closed the original ticket, ignoring what I'd written and just banging out a stock answer which was absolutely NO good whatsoever. So I reopened the ticket again, and hopefully it won't look any good for whoever answered it.
CalumLawson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I've had exactly the same problem, I activated on Friday, got no username and password and was unable to "reactivate" the trial as it thought I had one in place.

I have had a couple of "to and fro" messages with them where they asked me to do all the normal things you would do to register for Traffic, despite me telling them that I had done all of them, until finally today they sorted it. They also extended the free period to run for 1 month from today.

Keep on at them; they should be able to sort it out.

Calum
Whisperwolf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know I'm not the only one.

Any idea HOW they sorted it out, because if they managed to sort out your account and you had the same problem, then obviously they now know how to sort the accounts out. I haven't heard from them yet (no surprise) but if you have had a resolution it might be worth me phoning them again tomorrow and asking them to sort it out.

It does seem that only if you keep on at them, or get them on the phone, do they actually bother to work for a resolution.
CalumLawson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't know what they did, but if it helps my incident number is 050520-000347.

They should hopefully be able to resolve your problem by referring to what they fixed on mine.

Yes, it seems that you either get the stock answer with little or no thought or someone who looks at it properly and fixes it, hope you get the latter on your next attempt.

Hope that helps

Calum
Whisperwolf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally this morning, some good news.

They've deleted the original traffic account and made a new one. Seems they still don't know what caused the original problem, but they have resolved it albeit by a somewhat corner-cutting method.
Fucawi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Contact Number/email for TomTom Reply with quote

Having issues with TomTom Traffic and need them to sort it out, but cannot find a contact number or email address to chase them up!

Can anyone help?
Whisperwolf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can raise a support ticket by visiting the support section of the www.tomtom.com website. If you look up the FAQ on the subject you want, there's a button there for emailing them if you haven't found the answer.

Alternatively, if you're in the UK you can call 08451 610009 but be prepared to wait a while - they have a limited call queueing system, which will dump you if it can't find you a place, and take a while to get through the queue. They close at 4pm weekdays.

Good luck.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: