Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion PNA100 - SDIO slot is not SDIO!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion PNA100 - SDIO slot is not SDIO!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plusman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Medion PNA100 - SDIO slot is not SDIO!! Reply with quote

I have a Medion PNA100 and was told by Medion that the SDIO slot is a "true" SDIO slot and should be capable of taking cards that use an SDIO slot. I therefore went and purchased a Wifi card and have spent a long time trying to get it to work - without success.

Today I once again contacted Medion to be told that whilst it is in fact an SDIO slot it is not enabled because the version of Windows Mobile 2003 installed does not have the correct license to enable the SDIO slot to work! (Needless to say, this is not what I was told the first time I contacted them before I purchased the wifi card).

Medion were decidedly unhelpful.

Does anybody know either how to enable the SDIO slot or how to upghrade the licence to enable the SDIO slot to operate?
rother
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plusman found this when iwas lokking around, it is a different model but same story, it makes you wonder if it will work with the right kit.

I recently bought a Medion PDA/GPS bundle from Aldi which is a great little kit but of cause lacks upto date comms such as Bluetooth. On the back of the unit It says the Memory Slot is SD/MMC compatible only there is no mention of SDIO I read through the manual and it doesn't mention anywhere SDIO. Anyways I then went on to ring Medion Tech Support and asked the question does my PDA MD 41800, Model Number MDPPC250 Support SDIO cards. The Help Desk informed me directly "No it only supports standard SD and MMC Card". And said thankyou and good buy. Anyways I was browsing the net for any possible firmware updates or anything like the SDIO Now Software that might allow me to be able to use SDIO cards, when I came accross a German forum where one user was saying that even though is medion (an older model then mine MDPPC200) states it does not support SDIO he tried a card in is PDA and it worked fine ... intriegin. I managed to get hold of a free Toshiba SD Bluetooth Card2, installed the software that came with it via activesync onto my PDA, then I inserted the card and a small icon appeared in the botton right corner, I clicked the and began to search for devices and was amazed as it found my laptop and mobile phone, I tested file transfers and DUN and all worked fine most impressed. So Don't listen to some tech support staff some obviously dont know there products too well... It works and im living proof :D

On another note if you do have the Toshiba BT card I recommend you remove their software and install the SocketCom Bluetooth Device Manager it works 100% with the card and is soooooo much more user friendly and stable then the Toshiba offering very impressed indeed.
plusman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rother,

Very Interesting. The PNA100 that I have is the same TCM model from Aldi. I have tried both a Sandisk Wifi + 256Mb card (doesn't fit into the slot of the PDA as it's top is too big) and an Ambicom WL11-SD card. It fits, but I have been totally unable to get it to work, even with the excellent help of Ambicom's techical people.

Has anybody managed to get it working with a wifi card?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: