Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI with destinator 3.075
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI with destinator 3.075
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbr92
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: POI with destinator 3.075 Reply with quote

Hi I am having problems getting the PGPS speed camera database to work with the latest version of D3. I have tried following the links that people have posted but it fails to work. I have installed the files outlined on the following link:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17470 and have downloaded the CSV database files but cannot seem to import them into D3. Has anyone actually got this to work correctly and if so could you pleeeeeeeeease post a guide on how you did it or any ideas I could try?

Thanks!!!!!!
yetiuk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get them to work, after a little trial and error. I have just hard reset my PPC so I haven't got it working at the moment, but if I remember correctly:
I installed destinator onto my flash card, but it also installs two directories in main memory. One called My Flash Disk, and the other Destinator Apps.
These 2 directories look similar and you have to place the dat files (from the zip in this thread http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12725) in the correct one. Unfortunately I can't remember which one, but if it isn't working in the one you have tried, put them in the other Smile

yeti
bbr92
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks will give it a go.
gune
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile hi did it work? please let me know!
thanks
yetiuk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!
I have them working :D
cyclopops
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what exactly did you do?
steve404
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: camera Reply with quote

Me too, I cant comprehend how to load on cameras, have read through the instructions posted on here but getting nowhere, wheres the remedial class??? 8O
bbr92
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Working Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies I now have this working. First I imported the csv files from the PGPS speed camera database into my uk map by using the "Favorites Importer with version 3.075 all you do is select the csv as the import file and then hit import it then adds all the data. Once all the cameras are imported I followed the instructions within the following link http://www.x-digital.addr.com/D3POI.zip and followed the install instructions and copied the required files into the destinator folders on the pda. Once all imported and files installed open Destinator and open "favourites" from the "Destinate" menu. Then select Auto Alert 1 and Auto Alert 2, Destinator then seems to freeze for a while then once it had caught up I restarted Destinator and it all worked. I have tested this on the road and it alerts on all cameras really well. I hope this helps.
steve404
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Importing cameras Reply with quote

Bbr,
Glad you have had success, can you help, I have the PGPS downloaded and poised, how or where do I find the 'Favourites Importer', is it on the destinator discs or elsewhere?

Thanks,

Steve
steve404
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: POI Reply with quote

Put a hold on that I think they are now in , now to go and find a camera to test, has anybody the knowledge on how to alter the distances from the POI, ie increase to 200 or 300 yds??? Idea

Steve
nunew33
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

high light alert in favourites/categories then click on tools then edit

set your distances there
nunew33
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrub that, you obviously know that!!!!
bbr92
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having great success with the speed camera database within Destinator. Within the PGPS download you get a load of wav files which are for different alerts ie Specs camera etc has anyone had any success in importing these into Destinator to alert on the different type of camera approaching? I have had a look at the files and cannot really understand how I can import additional WAV files dependent on alert?
Thanks
nunew33
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can only set wav alerts for alert 1 and alert 2, but you can set different wav files for the 2 distances (which is irrelevent for what you want to do). With that in mind I split the database into gatsos (alert 1) and mobiles (alert 2)and have a wav for each saying either Camera or mobile.

This was the only way i could think of doing it. I never jump lights so didnt need the red light camera data. Ive ignored specs and truvelos
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have imported all of PGPS CSV files from the zipped folder into the favorites folder via the control panel. I have also placed in the various bmp images from the ov2 bmp folders into Favorites as well. when driving, the images are shown fine, but no audible alerts. I placed some of the files from the "wav files" folder initially into the Destinator Apps/ Destinator/ Common/ Interface/ Voice/ folder and tried today, no luck. I have now just moved them into the Favorites folder figuring that they may work in the same way the images did. Not sure if it will work though.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: