Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Handheld GPS Comparisons
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Handheld GPS Comparisons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
obarnes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Handheld GPS Comparisons Reply with quote

The Garmin eMap is missing ;-)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Handheld GPS Comparisons Reply with quote

I'm not sure there is such a thing as an eMap! the eTrex Legend, Vesta and Venture have mapping and they are in the article?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

There is an eMap, although it's a handheld GPS Receiver it comes under the same category as the GPS V and GPS III Plus, this is the reason why we haven't added it to the Handheld Comparisons page yet.

There are other handheld GPS Receivers, but to start with we're just focusing on the popular ones.
Markulous
Occasional Visitor

Can you guys retrospectively fit my SporTrak Pro with an SD card please, as per your "comparison"?   ;-)
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Good spotting, that's the one benefit of the Meridian, but not the SporTrak!
ruest
Occasional Visitor

Hi Dave, did you get a chance to try out MapSend with the Meridian and SportTrac Units? I am interested in seeing the additional detail provided by the Topo maps (at various zoom levels) and also an estimation of how large an area can be loaded. I am looking at the Meridian Color and SportTrac Color, there are some feature differences but for maps the SportTrac is limited to 22MB of built-in memorya but the Meridian uses SD cards which can go up to 128MB (according to the Magellan site) or maybe more, and you could always have multiple cards for different regions. I am leaning towards the SporTrak, however if I would need to keep reloading map data that would be an issue for me. Thanks fo any input you may have.

David Ruest    

Mallaiyooran
Occasional Visitor

Hi Dave thank u for ur help on Handheld GPS comparisons.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Hi David, I haven't yet had a chance because I had spent the last week getting ready for the Summit.

I do however have a Meridian Colour and SporTrak Pro with me, and also Magellan MapSend Streets Europe and MapSend BlueNav Charts so expect something in the near future.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

We have just completed a thorough Handheld GPS Comparison page pulling specifications together from various handheld GPS Manufacturers into a single resource which should help people find a more suitable handheld GPS by specification quickly and easily.

The full comparison article is available here

Please post any comments you have regarding this article here.
frankjg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave:

Was there a reason why the Lowrance series were not in the review?

Frank
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason was lack of information available at the time of creating the comparison. We will look at adding this to the new comparison database.
ZaiToh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to a review of Silva Multinavigator GPS. Can i expect one withing the near future on this site? - Tnx
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't currently have any contacts at Silva, or any retailers that can loan us one, so I'd have to say no for the moment.

We will try to make contact with Silva and see if we can get a review unit made available to us, but don't expect a review in the next 4-8 weeks.
ZaiToh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the quick reply.

I won't have the money to buy one in some months anyway, wich give me time to find the kind of GPS that works best for me. This far Silvas seems to be the best anyway since I need one that can handle as low temp as possible, long battery life and no maps (or other to me useless batterydraining stuff) - but that could of course change when it comes to real life.

If it helps you getting a product maybe you should try with Brunton. They and Silva got some products toghether, including Silva (/Brunton) Multi Navigator.
BigRedRyder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Burrows,
In your review of the Gamin Map76 what in the world is BECK AND CALL in your first paragraph?
Did you mean to say "beckon call?"
Just curious, as others are I'm sure.
Don

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: