Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Maplin POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Maplin POIs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicreative
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Maplin POIs Reply with quote

For anyone who may be interested, I have created a POI overlay for Maplin stores in mainland GB. I've done this using the addresses/postcodes from www.maplin.co.uk and coverted the postcode to longitude/latitude - may not be 100% accurate, but pretty accurate on the locations I know. I have submitted the files to PocketGPS but they haven't appeared on the site (yet?). In the meantime you can download them here.

Tim
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Maplin POIs Reply with quote

Tim, I probably do have your email here, I just have a backlog of over 200 emails I'm trying to sift through which is taking a little time.

I'll whitelist you when I find your message which means messages will be highlighted quicker when they come in.
musicreative
Regular Visitor

Thanks, Dave - I know the feeling with email overload!

Tim
compaq dave
Occasional Visitor

For anyone interested I did a list of all RS stores and uploaded them to the tomtom web site, I could post them to Pocketgps if anyone wants ?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

By all means send it to me and I'll add it to the TomTom POI page we have.
PeterB
Regular Visitor

One of my interests is STEAM TRAINS and I am part way to producing a TTN POI file and logo with as many UK sites included as possible.

I currently have found about 50 locations where you can actually ride on a steam train, both full size and narrow gauge, and plotted these. Within a few days this should include about 75, with position checked as precisely as possible.

If there would be an interest I will copy files to Dave when they are ready????????
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Are you aware of Miniature Railways of Britain ? They have some good A to Z links of sites there with full addresses.
PeterB
Regular Visitor

Dave

The best site that I have found for Steam railway details, mostly with maps etc is:-

UK Heritage Railways

on

http://ukhrail.uel.ac.uk/

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: