Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Out of Memory error
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Out of Memory error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bumpydog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Out of Memory error Reply with quote

I've upgraded my iNS sleeve/H3870 to SmartST Pro and it has been working fine with a few maps on my 128Mb SD memory card. I installed a 512Mb CF card in the sleeve and dowloaded all the Europe maps (leaving around 30Mb) and removed the SD module. When I try to run SmartST, I get an 'Out of Memory' error and have to reset the iPAQ. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?
JackT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Out of Memory error Reply with quote

Its seems that the "work" memory used by SmartST Pro when running is somehow proportional to the size/number of maps installed.

Try to increase the program memory allocation as much as possible. If it is still not working, I am afraid that you will have to unload some maps.

JT
bumpydog
Occasional Visitor

To answer my own question (courtesy of Navman Support):-) it's as you suggest. I had already tried increasing the program memory right up but that didn't help. I deleted some maps and that did the trick. I now realise that a 256Mb CF card would have done the job :-(

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: