Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Camper 770LMT-D: Nav screen more journey detail?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Camper 770LMT-D: Nav screen more journey detail?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Garmin Camper 770LMT-D: Nav screen more journey detail? Reply with quote

Hi,

On the navigation screen, the default setup gives you the "Arrival Time" i.e. Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA). You can change this field to: "Arrive In" i.e. hours and minutes to arrival; "Destination Distance"; "Direction"; "Time of Day"; 'Elevation"; "Grade"; etc.

Is it possible to not only have "Arrival Time" but "Arrive In" and "Destination Distance" permanently displayed at the same time?

It's probably quite easy to swap between the fields but I'd rather not touch the SatNav when I'm driving.

If this is a regular question from Garmin newbies, has Garmin been asked to add those extra fields to the navigation screen?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nearest that I can offer is Trip Data. This can be displayed down the right hand side of the screen and you can customise the fields that are displayed. From memory I think it gives you an extra 3 fields.

I don't think that Trip Data is available in the menu by default. To make it available start at the map screen and press the spanner followed by the gear wheel. This should bring up a list of tools that you can add. Place a tick next to Trip Data and any others that you might want to use.

You can then display trip data by selecting the spanner followed by Trip Data.

You can customise the Trip Data by selecting a Trip Data field in the display and then selecting from one of the available options.

It isn't quite what you asked for because traffic warnings overwrite it on the screen and you sometimes need to touch the little X at the top left of the traffic warning to get the trip data back again.

Others may have better ideas.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on. Having trip data showing gives you four fields that you can customise. Note the options differ depending on whether you're navigating a route or simply having the map showing.
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The options differ for using the sat nav 'in a route' or just displaying where you are 'not in route mode' and can be customised so for the latter I have the time of day, direction and elevation showing but 'in a route' I find Time to Arrival, Distance to Go and Direction the most use (in addition to Speed and Arrival Time displayed in the two large boxes.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul, sussamb, and BAVC10,

Trip Data is definitely the answer! Thumbs Up It should now mean that I get all of the journey information that I'm used to getting from TomTom and apart from clearing the occasional traffic warning I shouldn't need to touch the screen at all.

Being an ex-TomTom user, I was missing the Time remaining and distance remaining. By showing the Trip Data I can have those two pieces of data, in addition I even get an extra field to display.

My initial setup will be:
  1. Speed (lower left hand field and unchangable)
  2. Arrival Time (lower right hand field)
  3. Direction (Trip Data 1st field)
  4. Arrive in (Trip Data 2nd field)
  5. Distance remaining (Trip Data 3rd field)
Whilst I will use the above configuration for a while I will probably experiment as there are so many different options!

NB for new Garmin users, you may not get all of the options straight away (I didn't) but once you're in your vehicle, connected up the power and the Garmin has got a satellite fix (with a route planned) then all of the options will become available.

I'm glad that I went for the Camper model. The 6.95" screen can take the extra data of the displayed Trip Data without squeezing the rest of the display.

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: