Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera marked with red cross
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera marked with red cross
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Camera marked with red cross Reply with quote

What is the significance of a red cross over camera locations on the database map?

I recently noted that a camera near me (Truvelo 188805), Hexton Road, Barton, did not come up on my Garmin PGPSW. Normally, I wouldn't be running my sat nav here as it is my local area so it may have been like this for some time.

On checking the database map this camera and the adjacent mobile show with a red cross over them.

On taking another run yesterday the Garmin PGPSW shows the mobile in both directions but the fixed camera doesn't show in either direction. CamerAlert on my phone shows both the fixed and mobile locations.

Incidentally, I am sure this camera has been there for many years but it doesn't show on GSV 2014 or 2009. When was it first reported?
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

188805 is the 30mph Gatso, trapping east, that is active.

Almost in the same position is an obsolete mobile site flagged for deletion unless it gets reported again. There's another obsolete mobile a short distance to the east as well.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

188805 is a Gatso in our database - can you confirm that it's forward-facing and I'll get that updated.

The red cross over the nearby mobile icon shows that there was a mobile here in our database but it hasn't been used for some time and is now marked as inactive. We keep them on the map so they can be located easily if they need to be reactivated rather than submitted as a new location.

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be a bit of an echo around here. Very Happy
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
188805 is a Gatso in our database - can you confirm that it's forward-facing and I'll get that updated.

The red cross over the nearby mobile icon shows that there was a mobile here in our database but it hasn't been used for some time and is now marked as inactive. We keep them on the map so they can be located easily if they need to be reactivated rather than submitted as a new location.

MaFt

Checked today. It's a forward facing Truvelo i.e for westbound traffic entering the village.

There are two 'red X'd' cameras showing on the database map. One is a mobile icon and the other has the icon overwritten with 30 and red X but, from its location opposite the service loop of Arnold Academy, it is the Truvelo camera.

Can you give the date it was first recorded (as a Gatso?) as it doesn't show on current GSV dated 2014. I'm sure its been there longer than that but memory can be failing at my age.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Truvelo is at the school entrance is trapping westbound traffic coming into the village. Then we have the direction 180 degrees wrong. as we have it trapping leaving the village. And the two deprecated mobiles don't make much sense either. Shocked

@ b33j. There are three cameras shown on the map.
1. Inactive Camera, MOBILE:16762@30, Heading:90 (Single Direction) {this is the easternmost.}
2. Inactive Camera, MOBILE:14031@30, Heading:98 (Single Direction){This is the one opposite the school loop}
3. Active Camera, GATSO:188805@30, Heading:96 (Single Direction)

The two inactive mobile cameras have the Red X through them. The Fixed camera does not so should alert. The only thing that seems to be wrong is the heading on all three (and the fact that the Gatso is actually a Truvelo, but who cares so long as it's in the right place{ish})
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore the mobiles. They have reached end of life and if not reported again soon will disappear. Also ignore that the Gatso/Truvelo is almost at the same place.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to put in a change of direction for the fixed camera so it's showing the correct trapping direction.

I'd be very surprised if the Gatso isn't in the published database in the Gatso30.CSV file.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
If the Truvelo is at the school entrance is trapping westbound traffic coming into the village. Then we have the direction 180 degrees wrong. as we have it trapping leaving the village. And the two deprecated mobiles don't make much sense either. Shocked

No we don't. Remember that Truvelos can be either front-facing or rear-facing, and it is not always easy to tell which carriageway they are pointing at.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends which Truvelo, original ones were forward facing only. If that one has been there for a while it will be forward facing.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would they be trapping traffic leaving the 30mph zone? And b33jay said it is trapping westbound into the village.

@b33jay. Which side (e or w) of the camera are the piezo strips and/or white lines in the road and which side of the road are they?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No we don't. Remember that Truvelos can be either front-facing or rear-facing, and it is not always easy to tell which carriageway they are pointing at.
Yes, of course I know all that, but b33jay said it is trapping entering the village, which makes sense. Leaving the village does not.
The only one that possibly makes sense is the eastern deprecated mobile, trapping people as they accelerate out of the village, but still in the 30 zone.
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will check everything later today.

I now realise that by really enlarging the map the 30 icon is 188815 and becomes separated from mobile 14031 which has the red X. At smaller scale the two icons merge and I thought the red X was for 188815.

Is the date that 188815 was first reported available?
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streetview hasn't got it yet, and, the 188xxx series are fairly new.

Looking at other submissions I'd guess at about 18/01/2017.

I take it the change from 188805 to 188815 is a typo ?
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Streetview hasn't got it yet, and, the 188xxx series are fairly new.

Looking at other submissions I'd guess at about 18/01/2017.

I take it the change from 188805 to 188815 is a typo ?

Yes a typo - apologies.

Site report.
The fixed camera is a new looking Truvelo facing east. There are three stripes over half road width either side of camera.

The camera is immediately behind the "Barton le Clay" village sign on GSV and standing beside it my coordinates app reads 51.962911, - 0.419194.

It seems my problem of no fixed camera warning is related to the very close proximity of the mobile and fixed locations. Over several runs the voice warning was for a mobile but the header bar on the Garmin shows a fixed camera icon (satellite dish). I did find that when approaching at a certain speed the fixed camera warning voice started but was then replaced by the mobile voice warning. Deleting the redundant mobiles from this location would resolve this clash.

Update: The Truvelo was installed 23-11-16 and operational 29-11-16 and reported as having direction changed from time to time.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: