Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom GO 920 Bluetooth hack?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom GO 920 Bluetooth hack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanorak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Tomtom GO 920 Bluetooth hack? Reply with quote

Hi...my Go 920 is capable of connecting to two BT devices at the same time It supports BT 2.1 and A2DP.

I have a BT headset (Nolan N Com BX1 v1.07 241) that uses the same protocols. The Tomtom 'sees' the device in pairing mode, but does not connect to it. However, when I switch speaker preferences on the Tomtom to Bluetooth, it connects to the headset as a Hi Fi device, and works properly (plays MP3, makes announcements etc.)

My samsung galaxy phone pairs and connects with the tomtom as it should.

When I try to connect both at the same time, one or the other disconnects, then doesn't reconect without re pairing manually

Is there a software or firmware fix for this?

The Tomtom says "The required features could not be found for this phone", when I try to pair the Headset normally

any help would be really appreciated
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a TT but I've always found trying to successfully connect 2 devices simultaneously via Bluetooth a no no.

When I tried it in the car they both paired OK but when I turned on the ignition it was a race between the 2 devices and the first to connect won, usually the phone to Garmin (Smartlink) won, and my car HFT was left out in the cold.

According to some literature 2 live connections are possible but I've never achieved it.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: