Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - nuvi 2599 not showing my routes?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

nuvi 2599 not showing my routes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenchy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: nuvi 2599 not showing my routes? Reply with quote

I've planned a trip with many waypoints and used those waypoints to make several daily routes in Basecamp.

I sent to my device initially and they were all there.
I then sent a test route to try out locally (as I don't normally use routes) and wasn't keen on how it wanted me to do a U turn to hit one of the points that I happened to put on the other side of a very short (100yards!) urban dual carriage way. I deleted them planning to change some points to shaping points instead of waypoints.

After another test I decided that was worse for my application, so decided to keep what I have and resend them.

But now the Nuvi 2599 pretends there are none there!

In basecamp I can explore memory card/user data and all the waypoints and routes are showing.
If I explore Internal memory I see all my tracks (despite using clear from the menu options!) my home waypoint and all the trip waypoints, no routes.

This leads me to believe although all the routes are showing on the memory card/user data the Nuvi is only showing things from internal memory?

Looking on windows explorer, memory card/garmin/gpx I can see all the files that on opening in notepad++ are the ones I want.
I can find no GPX files on the device. (for that matter I can't find where most of the 7gig odd used is for that matter, and I show hidden and system files)

What has gone wrong and how do I fix it?
tenchy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additional info in case it helps.
My routes (and the waypoints I CAN see) are on a USA lower states map I purchased after, the Nuvi came with Europe and UK installed. Both maps are ticked in map setup.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The major part of your 7Gb will be your EU maps, which will be in the hidden .system folder. You will need to set your nuvi to mass storage mode as well as setting your PC to show hidden and system files.

Trip (route) files are stored in a folder within .system.

Working out what has happened in your particular case is tricky, but your best bet to get to where you want to be is:

Delete all .gpx files in both the GPX folder on your nuvi and the card, then remove the nuvi from your PC and in the Trip Planner app delete any routes you no longer want. Then reconnect your nuvi and using BaseCamp send the routes you do want back to your nuvi.

Note deleting .gpx files will have no effect on what is installed on your device, .gpx files are merged into inaccessible internal memory when you boot your nuvi so once that has happened they can be deleted with impunity.
tenchy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that. I finally have the nuvi setup and usable for my trip next week!. Now I can relax and pack!
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: