Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Any update on a new version for iOS?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Any update on a new version for iOS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onedrew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any difference in the spreadsheet I download for my Garmin between Wednesdays?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The Garmin download is as at Wednesday and will be the same until “next Wednesday”. The iPhone download will be different each day (unless the Administrator is having time off).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Onedrew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so I’m clear: Monday’s spreadsheet would be the same as Wednesday’s but the iPhone data would be different.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

OEN360
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just noticed another bug with version 2.0.7, when reporting a new mobile site within the app and then adding a voice note, the app crashes and throws you out of the app.

The speed flickering is still apparent in the latest download, is this a feature or bug?

IOS 11.1 iPhone 7
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The voice note crashing applies to adding one to anything, new, remove and change details all suffer it. The worst bit about it is the crash loses the details, so for a new report you have lost the location.

DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a word of thanks to all for this app.
I've never really paid much attention to this section, having used the TT for years.
However, as I didn't want to have to new motor looking like a fairground duckshoot- with all manner of gadgets all over the dash, I've relied on the incar satnav..with the usual fixed position cameras and not a lot else.
Having possibly been caught out by a HADECS the other day, I was looking to fit a dash cam / camera detector to replace my current cam.

Having installed and tested it, it works a treat though in one output mode it appeared to speed up my tracks on the phone via the incontrol pro system.
That was weird.

So, in closing, many Thanks to all concerned.
Running Cameralert via Samsung S7 Edge
Sylla02
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Any update on a new version for iOS? Reply with quote

abre wrote:
Whilst I have no issue with the current version of the app, it works just as I need it to.

You are getting hammered 2:1 on the App Store with 1 star ratings because of the lack of development and supposedly poor support, mainly because some individuals can't get their heads round the complex subscription model Confused and updating the database.

We have heard much about Apple threatening to pull the app from the store and the resultant halt obtenir crédit in development of the iOS version. Then we hear they accepted an updated version with MPH KPH conversion Rolling Eyes and that a new version will be released soon... I think that was mentioned over a year ago now!

Please give your iOS user base some update on what is actually happening with the app. Is a new version in development or has development been abandoned?

Yours a satisfied user, regardless of black bands, annoying pings and an outdated UI.

Have you found a solution?
abre
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Any update on a new version for iOS? Reply with quote

Quote:

??? Sorry what do you mean, I wasn't looking for a solution I was asking if there was any news on an upgrade???

The PGPSW guys released a new iOS 11 compatible version months back and it works, there are minor bugs but nothing to require a solution for... very confused!
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Any update on a new version for iOS? Reply with quote

abre wrote:
Quote:

??? Sorry what do you mean, I wasn't looking for a solution I was asking if there was any news on an upgrade???

The PGPSW guys released a new iOS 11 compatible version months back and it works, there are minor bugs but nothing to require a solution for... very confused!

That's great news, ever so pleased for you. ( ?????)

Note to self. Next time you enquire and show concern for a fellow forum member...choose more wisely.
Running Cameralert via Samsung S7 Edge
abre
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Any update on a new version for iOS? Reply with quote

DaveNN wrote:
abre wrote:

That's great news, ever so pleased for you. ( ?????)

Note to self. Next time you enquire and show concern for a fellow forum member...choose more wisely.

Well DaveNN its a shame you didn't read before you responded... the quote was from Sylla02 who for some reason quoted my original text from when I started this thread. Ergo no solution to find and hence my response about being confused.
The fact that the quote function is clearly malfunctioning only adds to the confusion, but in no way could my response have been construed as a reply to you. Unless you have a split personalty and run with 2 user names, so yes do choose wisely!
Ready Fire Aim
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Any update on a new version for iOS? Reply with quote

abre wrote:
The fact that the quote function is clearly malfunctioning ...
The quote function has no problem! When posting embedded quotes, it is always wise to preview your post to ensure it displays accurately.

I have tried to tidy up the last few posts to make them more readable.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
abre
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Any update on a new version for iOS? Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
abre wrote:
The fact that the quote function is clearly malfunctioning ...
The quote function has no problem! When posting embedded quotes, it is always wise to preview your post to ensure it displays accurately.

I have tried to tidy up the last few posts to make them more readable.

Hi Oldboy, thanks for the tidy up, FYI I did preview, and the preview was bad, but could see no way of fixing it. However, it now appears to be working again for this reply... computers who'd have em Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: