Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - lost half of europe on last update?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

lost half of europe on last update?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: lost half of europe on last update? Reply with quote

xl live.

hi all
i updated my western europe map this morning and apart from losing all my poi's (thanks robert from this forum for his help retrieving them from a backup), i now find half the countries i used to have on my device are not there. in particular Spain that i drive in 6 times a year.

my map folder is now only around 780mb (it used to be around 1.2 gb).
i've tried reconnecting to tomtom home but the map update is now no longer there.

any ideas guys? my map is now showing on my device as Europe_West v966.7372.
on my backup from April 2015 it shows as Western_Europe

thanks for any advice.
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they've really got it wrong this time! Numerous "missing countries" being reported here https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/new-v965-maps-available-for-download-997173?postid=1062110
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just seen this on a tomtom forum:

6 days ago 1
The newest variant of TT-zone-maps, again changed content in the Europe

Europe_West_966_7372 (7 countries)
Belgien, Frankreich, Irland, Luxemburg, Monaco, Niederlande, Vereinigtes Königreich

Europe_North_966_7372 (5 countries)
Dänemark, Deutschland, Finnland, Norwegen, Schweden

Europe_South_966_7372 (13 countries)
Andorra, Frankreich, Gibraltar, Italien, Liechtenstein, Malta, Monaco, Österreich, Portugal, San Marino, Schweiz, Spanien, Vatikanstadt

Western_Europe_966_7372 (coverage identical Western_Europe_965_7250/83)
Andorra, Belgien, Dänemark, Deutschland, Finnland, Frankreich, Gibraltar, Irland, Italien, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Malta, Monaco, Niederlande, Norwegen, Österreich, Portugal, San Marino, Schweden, Schweiz, Spanien, Vatikanstadt, Vereinigtes Königreich. (inkl. Balearen, Kanaren, Azoren und Madeira)

it would appear i've been given europe_west to download instead of my usual western_europe.

sounds a bit monty python to me: are we the people's front of judea or the judean people's front!!!

it's ridiculous, how can a map of europe west NOT include spain but include france and belgium??

methinks a call to tomtom CS on monday. that should be fun!!

others beware.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonygold wrote:
it's ridiculous, how can a map of europe west NOT include spain but include france and belgium??
Easy. Spain is in Southern Europe not West Europe! Very Happy
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
tonygold wrote:
Easy. Spain is in Southern Europe not West Europe! Very Happy

TT logic puts it there although (apart from Portugal) it's the most westerly European country (but what's that got to do with logic after all?)
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.......................................... \|||/
....................................... (o o)
-----ooO-(_)-Ooo--------

Wot, no UK?

Ahhh! It's TT getting ready for Brexit.

ETA. I'm assuming that the XL Live doesn't have a memory card slot? If not, yes a call to TT is the best chance of a solution.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: New access to more than one map-zone Reply with quote

I have also just updated my TomTom XL Live and found the map zones are different. I would like to have acescs to France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany at the same time but it seems with the new zones this is not possible.

My query is can a download two two zones I would need to a laptop and then upload the zone with Germany on to the TT XL when I cross over into Germany rather than have to find an internet connection to change the map zone. Thanks

TomTom XL + Audi A3 (with navigation)
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New access to more than one map-zone Reply with quote

h5djr wrote:
I have also just updated my TomTom XL Live and found the map zones are different. I would like to have acescs to France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany at the same time but it seems with the new zones this is not possible.

My query is can a download two two zones I would need to a laptop and then upload the zone with Germany on to the TT XL when I cross over into Germany rather than have to find an internet connection to change the map zone. Thanks

I'm in a similar battLe with tomtom as I need uk France and Spain and these are not in the same zone but the 2 zones out of 3 that I need will fit on my device but they say I cannot do this.
Ridiculous as my previous map had all of western Europe on the 1 map.
Really wish I hadn't upgraded and they cannot even make the last map that fitted on my device available to me for some reason!!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
a call to TT is the best chance of a solution.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the older devices like the XL that still use TTHome & therefore can be read/seen in your PC as another drive there's no apparent reason why you couldn't download/add one zone then cut/paste this new map folder back to your PC then download another zone. Once done, subject to memory, just copy the previous zoned map folder back onto your device/SD card then theoretically you'll have both & can "switch maps"

Go on, you know you want to try that Tony Wink

PS my free invite to the "party" here:- https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/heads-should-roll-998843

twopenn'th or more would be welcome!
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbrowsing wrote:
On the older devices like the XL that still use TTHome & therefore can be read/seen in your PC as another drive there's no apparent reason why you couldn't download/add one zone then cut/paste this new map folder back to your PC then download another zone. Once done, subject to memory, just copy the previous zoned map folder back onto your device/SD card then theoretically you'll have both & can "switch maps"

PS my free invite to the "party" here:- https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/heads-should-roll-998843

hi justbrowsing
that is exactly what i would like to tryand do but having downloaded the zone that inludes uk and france (central) the download for the other zones for spain (western) no longer shows in Home as available for download, just the usual gpsquickfix, tomtom cameras etc, but the download map option is no longer there?
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonygold wrote:
justbrowsing wrote:

hi justbrowsing
that is exactly what i would like to tryand do but having downloaded the zone that inludes uk and france (central) the download for the other zones for spain (western) no longer shows in Home as available for download, just the usual gpsquickfix, tomtom cameras etc, but the download map option is no longer there?

Try "Purchase map" button which should show those actually available to you already?
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justbrowsing wrote:
tonygold wrote:
justbrowsing wrote:

hi justbrowsing

Try "Purchase map" button which should show those actually available to you already?

ok thanks again for your advice.
will try that tonight.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: lost half of europe on last update? Reply with quote

Hi tonygold,

tonygold wrote:
... and apart from losing all my poi's (thanks robert from this forum for his help retrieving them from a backup)

Firstly no problem. I'm glad that my advice worked. Thumbs Up

Secondly, do the xl live have an SD card slot?

Thirdly [warning possible risk] you might be able to squeeze a little space back by reorganizing or running a de-fragmentation program on your XL. If you go down this route:

1. Do a compete back up (not via home) but by copying the entire contents of the xl live to a new folder on your PC. Personally I keep all backup and have a folder like "C:\Data\Backup\TomTom 950 Live\2011-01-01" and create a manual backup every time I make a change (new maps etc).

2. If you have a defrag program you could run it, else delete the entire contents of your XL Live and copy the entire backup back to it.

[Warning again]Don't blame me if it goes wrong. Although I have done both defrag and entire delete/restore on my old 950 LIVE and things worked OK.

Now if the XL LIVE does have an SD card slot then things become interesting. You can have multiple versions of the same map, providing that you have a big enough card (that the device can cope with) you could have the current, previous, previous to that ... etc versions of maps. Let us know if your XL LIVE has an SD card slot and if it does I'll try and remember how to do the above.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: lost half of europe on last update? Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
Hi tonygold,

tonygold wrote:
... and apart from losing all my poi's (thanks robert from this forum for his help retrieving them from a backup)

Firstly no problem. I'm glad that my advice worked. Thumbs Up

Secondly, do the xl live have an SD card slot?

Thirdly [warning possible risk] you might be able to squeeze a little space back by reorganizing or running a de-fragmentation program on your XL. If you go down this route:

1. Do a compete back up (not via home) but by copying the entire contents of the xl live to a new folder on your PC. Personally I keep all backup and have a folder like "C:\Data\Backup\TomTom 950 Live\2011-01-01" and create a manual backup every time I make a change (new maps etc).

2. If you have a defrag program you could run it, else delete the entire contents of your XL Live and copy the entire backup back to it.

[Warning again]Don't blame me if it goes wrong. Although I have done both defrag and entire delete/restore on my old 950 LIVE and things worked OK.

Now if the XL LIVE does have an SD card slot then things become interesting. You can have multiple versions of the same map, providing that you have a big enough card (that the device can cope with) you could have the current, previous, previous to that ... etc versions of maps. Let us know if your XL LIVE has an SD card slot and if it does I'll try and remember how to do the above.

Regards,

No card slot on xl live.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: