Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Start 50
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Start 50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Start 50 Reply with quote

Hi,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have recently purchased a Tom Tom Start 50 from a mate who only used it once.

He is trying to transfer the details over to me as he can't seem to find his receipt.

A Few question:-

1 - Will i be able to register the device even he has registered when he 1st bought it.
2 - If i download My Drive will it let me use the Traffic facility as on the Tom Tom is telling me i have to connect via my computer first.
3 - If my friend can't find his receipt how will i be able to use the Lifetime Map and Traffic updates.

Thank You

Tanny
Western Europe v865.3245
footman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming your friend is in the UK he can phone TomTom on 020 7387 5444 to de-register the device, you can then register the device to yourself.

I can't help with the other questions sadly, the increasingly arcane world of TomTom has bewildered me totally, my Start 50 is going back today!
Tanny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footman wrote:
Assuming your friend is in the UK he can phone TomTom on 020 7387 5444 to de-register the device, you can then register the device to yourself.

I can't help with the other questions sadly, the increasingly arcane world of TomTom has bewildered me totally, my Start 50 is going back today!

Thank You, I'll pass that number on to my friend. I can't believe TomTom is making the consumer life's harder than ever before.

Any reason why you are sending the Start 50 back?
Western Europe v865.3245
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A convoluted method of transferring is to get your friend to change the registration and pass the details to you.

Currently, he has it registered as..

Email01, with Password01

He should change that to Email02 (any fictitious address will do, e.g. Bloggs@home.com, anything that LOOKS like an email address) and Password02. He tells you those two details and you go into your computer with the device connected and login with those details. Then you change them both to whatever you want and the device and registration will carry forward all the registered details into your new account.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, see here:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-19/how-to-change-the-ownership-a-device-or-swap-an-old-device-out-544200
Tanny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You this worked a treat and i can now use all of his services and changed my details over.

I have a slight issue the Traffic side of the Tom Tom isn't working. When i connect my TomTom up it says TMC RDS connected but then nothing happens.

I don't seem to have an option to bring this back to life.

Any suggestion on how i can get this to work.

Thanks

Tanny

DennisN wrote:
A convoluted method of transferring is to get your friend to change the registration and pass the details to you.

Currently, he has it registered as..

Email01, with Password01

He should change that to Email02 (any fictitious address will do, e.g. Bloggs@home.com, anything that LOOKS like an email address) and Password02. He tells you those two details and you go into your computer with the device connected and login with those details. Then you change them both to whatever you want and the device and registration will carry forward all the registered details into your new account.

Western Europe v865.3245
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got a Start 50. From looking at specifications I believe RDS TMC will only work if you connect an aerial additionally. However, Traffic can be obtained by connecting it to your smartphone AND also paying a subscription to TomTom.

Tanny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spoken to TT support and they are looking into it for me.

What has occurred to me is what if my mate has mistaken and the TT doesn't come with lifetime traffic updates? Is there any way of checking this?

Thanks

DennisN wrote:
I haven't got a Start 50. From looking at specifications I believe RDS TMC will only work if you connect an aerial additionally. However, Traffic can be obtained by connecting it to your smartphone AND also paying a subscription to TomTom.

Western Europe v865.3245
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I can't help further. All I can see is it seems to require connection via smartphone. Hopefully TomTom will respond.

psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tanny, connect device to your computer, open MyDrive. Check My Content, then My Maps. Hover over your installed map and you should see a small black arrow pointing down, click on it. You should now see "Map Update Service: View Here". Click "View Here" and it hopefully will say "Lifetime Maps". Good luck.
Tanny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done this and it does state Lifetime Maps. However my question is why aren't i receiving the Traffic information as this comes Free when i got the TomTom.

Thanks

psyskiesman wrote:
Hi Tanny, connect device to your computer, open MyDrive. Check My Content, then My Maps. Hover over your installed map and you should see a small black arrow pointing down, click on it. You should now see "Map Update Service: View Here". Click "View Here" and it hopefully will say "Lifetime Maps". Good luck.

Western Europe v865.3245

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: