Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT GO on Android phone - remove petrol stations
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT GO on Android phone - remove petrol stations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adm143
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: TT GO on Android phone - remove petrol stations Reply with quote

Having purchased TT App for an android smart phone and 18 months later finding lifetime map upgrades are not for life I've just taken up TT offer to change to their GO App with live traffic for 3 years for free. Actually, pay 34 GBP and email the electronic receipt to them to get the money refunded. They did this within 2 days.

First annoyance - they have littered the screen with every petrol station on earth. Possibly OK if you are using the App on a 20 inch screen but it makes the display on a smart phone somewhat cluttered with irrelevant information at times. Does anyone know of a way of removing this information. There is no menu option in the App to turn off theses icons.

So far I've only tested this application on my 15 mile journey to work on roads that I know very well. I'm not too impressed with the live traffic giving alternative routes. Sometimes I can see where it would like to re-direct me - pull off a main route with a 5 minute delay to put me on a route around the block to rejoin the queue a mile up the road. I know the delay getting back on to the main road would take 10 times longer than staying in the queue. Sometimes it will ask me to detour to the other main road where it shows an equally long delay.

The other thing where it doesn't perform well is with the GPS position. It tends to wander off to perhaps 100 metres to the side of the road at regular intervals. It's especially bad if I turn off its suggested route. This is with or without using phone masts to supplement the position information.

On one journey after this had happened for the 6th time I pulled over, closed down TT and opened up a GPS application which immediately showed I was receiving signals from 10 satellites. On starting up the older TT App (which still works on the phone) I got a rock solid position lock which tracked my position without problems.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If TomTom's last dalliance with Petrol Stations is anything to go by, many of those listed are probably long gone, but there is at least a menu option to switch them off, which can be found under:-

Settings / Appearance / Route Bar / Route Information

You can also edit the settings MenuPpage and slide Petrol Stations & Parking right down to the bottom, out of the way.

With regard to Traffic, digital information can be very stupid so, if you've asked it to reroute when a faster route is found, it will do exactly that, no matter how ludicrous.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: