Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Nuvi 2699LMT-d
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuvi 2699LMT-d
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamIOW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Garmin Nuvi 2699LMT-d Reply with quote

Hello,

I purchased the above 10 days ago and spent about 6 hours downloading the latest maps updates which was fine.

Then around a week later I finally got round to seeing if it was working ok, Wrong not sure if I just have been unlucky or what!! everything was fine for about 9 - 10 minutes and then it shut down and rebooted which when you select the agree it would reboot again over and over again. Never allowing you to actually go any further. I thought it might have been and power lead problem , so I pulled out the lead bit still the same problem,, plus it was fully charged.

Has anybody else had this problem???, They are going to replace it but I have to wait for a week for them to get another replacement , and i'm going away next Sunday!!!

Regards,

Sam
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try a master reset ...
SamIOW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
You could try a master reset ...

It is too late as they already have it back, On the plus side they gave me a tenner back as a gesture . But still a pain in the As*
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you purchase it from as most retailers will exchange it within a 30 day period without any questions asked - especially if faulty.

Halfords is probably the best retailer for Garmin Sat Navs - whilst not the cheapest they will happily exchange a Garmin as they have an agreement under which they sort an RMA (effectively a returns authorisation) and give you a replacement up to (or sometimes exceeding) the value of the original item. Receipt required obviously.
SamIOW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAVC10 wrote:
Where did you purchase it from as most retailers will exchange it within a 30 day period without any questions asked - especially if faulty.

Halfords is probably the best retailer for Garmin Sat Navs - whilst not the cheapest they will happily exchange a Garmin as they have an agreement under which they sort an RMA (effectively a returns authorisation) and give you a replacement up to (or sometimes exceeding) the value of the original item. Receipt required obviously.

Thanks for your reply, BUT as I said they going to replace it but have none in stock as they had to order it in the first place, it will be here next Wednesday.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking 6 hours to download the map then it sticking on the agree screen makes me wonder about a map corruption issue.

I know it does take a long time but if you have a slow connection then maybe download to the PC first to make sure it completes OK.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is downloading it to the PC first will only get you the map, and not the other associated files like junction view etc. Safest way IMO is to use the cloning method mentioned here

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/39231

Other thing to remember is to do a safe eject before removing the device after an update to ensure it has properly completed and to avoid any corrupted files.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so there's no way of doing it without the device.

I must admit, even though the screen says it's OK to go away and leave it I do wiggle the mouse periodically to prevent any sleep issues.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely, if the USB port goes to sleep that will cause issues Wink
SamIOW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Taking 6 hours to download the map then it sticking on the agree screen makes me wonder about a map corruption issue.

I know it does take a long time but if you have a slow connection then maybe download to the PC first to make sure it completes OK.

No. not super fast but average speed, it was not really stuck on agree screen but its ability to keep shutting down and then rebooting but never completing. I am hopeful that the new one will be ok.......Fingers crossed.

Slightly hesitant about the cloning , do I have that option as I never really got a chance to explore it that much. I would be very grateful if somebody who has done it could give a blow by blow account for my version please.
SamIOW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
Definitely, if the USB port goes to sleep that will cause issues Wink

After seeing your post, I wonder if that was the problem with mine, As I just checked my USB root hub and that allowed that laptop to turn off the power to the usb? which I have now disabled.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the detail you need is in the link I posted. However it really shouldn't be necessary. Garmin Express works well these days so provided you let it get on and do a safe eject all should be well. Ensure though any power saving measures on your PC are turned off since powering down part way through could cause issues.
SamIOW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
All the detail you need is in the link I posted. However it really shouldn't be necessary. Garmin Express works well these days so provided you let it get on and do a safe eject all should be well. Ensure though any power saving measures on your PC are turned off since powering down part way through could cause issues.

As far as I know everything is turned off, so hopefully when I get the new onw I shall just update it and do a safe eject and go from there......
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why M$ insist on setting USB ports to allow them to sleep by default beats me as well.

If you don't want to 'mouse wiggle' there is a small utility called stopss that will perform an auto mouse wiggle to keep the system alive if you want to leave it.

At work they centrally controlled some aspects of the PC's including a forced screen saver after 10 mins of inactivity so we all installed stopss and set it to 9 minutes.

http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/utility/stopss/
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
SamIOW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Why M$ insist on setting USB ports to allow them to sleep by default beats me as well.

If you don't want to 'mouse wiggle' there is a small utility called stopss that will perform an auto mouse wiggle to keep the system alive if you want to leave it.

At work they centrally controlled some aspects of the PC's including a forced screen saver after 10 mins of inactivity so we all installed stopss and set it to 9 minutes.

http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/utility/stopss/

Thanks for that, But don't see any for windows 10 just wondered if the 8 will be ok?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: