Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT1005 Go Live - Lifetime maps - USA & Canada?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT1005 Go Live - Lifetime maps - USA & Canada?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juliaosborne
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: TT1005 Go Live - Lifetime maps - USA & Canada? Reply with quote

I've got a TomTom 1005 Go Live World maps that claimed it came with lifetime map updates. I didn't expect to ever need more than Europe (I just ordered the wrong description when I hit the purchase button a few years ago) However, now I find I am going to the States and Canada to drive and it seems I have a useable proposition on my hands. The current USA and Canada map looks like version 8.85, TomTom reckons that a newer version is available, but it isn't giving it to me.

Two questions please-

Could the 'Lifetime maps' guarantee only have been for Europe?
Is it worth the upgrade from v8.85 to v9.5 - I don't know how they number the changes - could v8.85 be very out of date? In the grand scheme of things £27 for an upgrade isn't nothing, but if I don't need to pay it I won't.

Does anyone know how I can check what the Lifetime guarantee covered please and if I have it how can I make it upgrade the USA/Canada map?

Thanks
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lifetime maps only apply to the map for the region in which the device was purchased so no lifetime maps of USA_Canada.

The current map is 950 (955 due next month sometime).

The numbering jumps by .05 every quarter of the year. Thus 885 would be over three years old. You have to decide whether such an old map will still do the job for where you plan to drive in NA.
juliaosborne
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dhn

Many thanks for that, I'll stop looking for the lifetime upgrade to be valid outside Europe - that will save me searching. It sounds as though I am possibly well out of date - I'll spring for the updated map I think - that will make my copper cable link to the phone exchange wince! - I will very much be relying on TT for the trip (though have also purchased paper maps which I am marking up - this weekends job - still debating on whether to use highlighter pen or removable stickers). I've also bought one of those dashboard bean bag mounts for TT just so I don't fall foul of anti-stick-it-on-the-windshield laws.

I'm actually going to be in your neck of the woods - one week in the Toronto area then the BIG drive is down to Washington DC, then reversing the journey a week later hopefully via a slightly different route just for the variety of it returning to the start for the flight home.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: