Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - custom poi tutorial for go 6000 from this site needed.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

custom poi tutorial for go 6000 from this site needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kelvinpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:10 am    Post subject: custom poi tutorial for go 6000 from this site needed. Reply with quote

Just found out that custom poi can now be but on my go 6000. YIPPEE !!!!. Any chance of a blow by blow tutorial how to do it from pgps like l did on my tt 920. I would rather have a go with help from here like before so if l cock up l can be helped out. Once l have done it a few times l can usualy fly along. I still kept my membership up on PGPS due to the excellent facileties info and help this site provides and the fact the poi and camera alerts are in my opinion are second to none. ALBEIT THAT the downloading of speed cameras is not supported by audible alerts its seems judging by comments on the tt forum. HELP ASAP WOULD BE APRECIATED. Thanks to anyone in advance and hopfully to the PGPS TEAM. Laughing
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not got a GO 6000 myself, and I'm not sure if any of the team have actually...

If I get chance then I may be able to scour the forums and put one together... Unless someone wants to write one up and I'll make use it to make an official install guide for the site?!

MaFt
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt, don't trouble yourself, It wont be worth the effort.

As far as I am aware, the new POI facility for the current TT's only allows you to view your own/3rd party POI's on the screen.

You can't drive to them, you can't set up proximity warnings or anything else useful. You can only view them. :-(
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
kelvinpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. AFTER 4.5 HOURS of faffing about l have managed to downoiad them from PGPS. Its by no means perfect. When l had my tt 920 they could be downloaded enmass. I have had to either do them as a catigory in which case it is a file fir eg supermarkets as instructed 20 max sub catigories or if l break them into indivdual supermarkets pick each ov2 file and then import by using tt download poi platform in my drive. Only the ov2 file is excepted to download not the acompianing file with it. The other thing is no warning sounds can be downloaded so the poi speed camera files can be downloaded but no warnings sounds as far as lm aware by the tt forum feedbackm SO AT THE MOMENT RENDERING THE SPEED CAMERA
S FROM PGPS USELESS AT THE MO. Unless l have it wrong. As of yet l have only managed to downooad various POI and have not tested them to see how they work. I can onoy presume TT will imrove the POI USABILETY of there platform. AT THIS POINT IN TIME ITS FAIRLY POOR IN THE WAY YOU YAVE TO DO IT. UNLESS OTHERS HAVE MANAGED TO DO THINGS BETTER. ln which case l would be greatful for any feed back please. I HOPE MY EXPERIENCE HELPS TO SHOW WHERE THE TT GO 6000 POI IS AT THE MO. Regards KELV. PS Thanks for your replys so far. POWER TO PGPS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FOR THE GPS REVOLUTION.
kelvinpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS If anyone in the team has a device that uses the MY DRIVE CONNECT you can then click on the MY DRIVE AT THE BOTTOM ONCE LOGGED INTO TOM TOM to have a go. Im sure it wont take a tekky minded person 4.5 hours but l bet its dissapointing how it has to be done. I couldnt highlight the whole downloaded poi once unzipped enmass to download as before on my tt920. If some one manages to do it please inform me how to do it. Im 61 and dont want to die before l find out how to do Laughing Out Loud. CHEERS GUYS.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got ages to go before you reach my age, so you'll get the hang of it before then.

I wonder if the OV2 ZIP method would work? I'm not recommending this, just ruminating - I don't have a 6000, wouldn't touch one with your bargepole because of the POI stupidity (plus all the other stuff they've dropped since the 920).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinpaul, you may correct, it probably won't take 4.5hrs once you have got the hang of it, BUT there is no real point.

"Adding 3rd party POI's" is a hollow advertising gimmick on behalf of TT designed to boost sales, don't fall for it. They have realised that not having it is losing them customers, but what they are actually offering us as 3rd party POI integration is next to useless.

My advice = keep clear.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And stop shouting. My head hurts. Laughing
kelvinpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l downloaded as an ov2 zipp file as l used to do with my 920 but couldnt highlight the files after unzipping them. I could only do one ov2 file at a time using tt platform. Very frustrating and slow. Not even going to try the speed cameras yet cus of no warning sounds or voice compatibilety yet. Yep agree tt dont want third party access but there has been so much bad feeling about the way its been missed out. Its took far too long. I dont accept they wanted to get it right befor they put it out there either.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: