Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2 camera submissions not added yet after 1 week?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2 camera submissions not added yet after 1 week?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedrito
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: 2 camera submissions not added yet after 1 week? Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the correct place on the forum but I'd like to ask why is it taking so much for the 2 cameras I submitted from London (one being very new and might not be working as I've seen cars in to much speed not being flashed while I was there) to be added to the database.
I have driven there for around 1 week now and still no alerts are given which means the cameras are not added yet?
On my account in submissions it is still blank and nothing is mentioned.
When I submitted I also sent a photo I took to both places.
How long will it take? Isn't it suppose to be a faster process?
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/verifier-day-in-life-of-a1036.php

Note if you've submitted a camera you should a) have received an e mail thanking you for your submission and b) be able to see it when you click on the big yellow square to the left (the one with the hand saying we need you) and look for it (no one else can at this stage until it's been verified)
pedrito
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/verifier-day-in-life-of-a1036.php

Note if you've submitted a camera you should a) have received an e mail thanking you for your submission and b) be able to see it when you click on the big yellow square to the left (the one with the hand saying we need you) and look for it (no one else can at this stage until it's been verified)

I received the email each time I submitted but can't see my submissions anywhere... Can you provide me a direct link or explain better where is that icon you say on the left (left where?) as I am only able to see it on the right and when I press it it asks me to submit another camera and isn't showing me my submissions...
Not even the android application shows me the location of the submissions. Only says: 2 own cameras and nothing more...
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may not be viewing the forum on a PC, if you do it's the yellow icon on the right (sorry, just realised I said left earlier). You should be able to zoom in to where you reported the camera and it should be shown.

Last edited by sussamb on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedrito wrote:
as I am only able to see it on the right .
That's the one. sussamb has difficulty with his left and rights. Very Happy
By what method did you submit the cameras? Can you give us a better idea of where they are so that we can have a look for you?
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
pedrito wrote:

You know me too well Laughing
pedrito
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
pedrito wrote:
By what method did you submit the cameras? Can you give us a better idea of where they are so that we can have a look for you?

Used the CamerAlert android application and attched a photo to each submission. When I press the right ICON (lololol) there is no submissions there.
I can't even see them in the Cameralert! (only have 2 there which I can't see... and here on the PC the same applies).

New Cross station (coming from Lewisham) it's the first (the only one in the database is the camera on the other side when you pass the New Cross on your left) Post code near this is SE14 6QQ. The other one is new when you go on the A3 in direction to Portsmouth before the exit to Wimbledon on the left.
If I could see the GPS numbers it would be easier and it's impossible no matter where I try!

Tried on google maps and found one: when you drive in the left direction in the direction of New cross Location: 51.475505, -0.037999 (the only camera in the database is located on the other side when you come from the station).
The second submission I can't describe the place but is near a narrow area.
The submissions should be attached to my account including the photos to each one!!! Sad
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an unverified Gatso at exactly the location that you have given above with a heading of SW (ish) but it's a redlight coloured grey not a gatso speed cam. You can see it on streetview. There is also another verified redlight camera for the same set of lights very close by on the other side of the lights with a heading of NE. (This is the one that you can see). You can also see it on streetview coloured grey. If you can't see the one on the map at the location that you gave above, then you were not the first to report it so you won't be able to see it. (I can see it because I am a verifier, and can see all submissions on the map)

MaFt: Both are visible in streetview

If the other one you are on about is just before the A219 Wimbledon turnoff the A3 travelling SW, then it's not in the DB as a cam to be verified. The only ones here on the London side of the turn off are trapping vehicles travelling in a NE direction. So it seems like your submission has not got through. Strange that you are not being alerted to them in the CamerAlert app though.

Quote:
If I could see the GPS numbers it would be easier and it's impossible no matter where I try!
Pan the submission map here until the little cross below the pointer is located at the cam and the Lat/Lon is displayed just above the top left hand corner of the map.

I'm also struggling to see the relationship between your subject and the forum title Wink Very Happy But who cares anyway?
pedrito
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't really checked the best place in the forum to post all so did it here.
I was in london again today and submitted for the second time the other radar (possibly a monitron alike) and when I was going to submit the other on lewisham (new cross) on the map I saw it was already submitted by someone. However when I drived on that street I didn't received any alert for that camera-radar... very weird... why is this? I receive an alert from the other (on the other side of the street) but not from this one...
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can see two cameras on the submission map at that crossing, then you submitted the one that shows as a coloured square. If you can see only one redlight camera on the submission map, the other camera has been reported, but by someone else before you did. This second camera has not yet been verified and that's why it's not in the 'public' database and will not alert the general public. I don't know why you are not being alerted to it as your own camera on CA though.

All cameras are manually entered into the database. It's not an automatic procedure. In addition, whenever a cam is reported, its location is verified by one of the PGPSW verifiers or by multiple submissions from different people before it is accepted as 'really being there.'

Quote:
I was in london again today and submitted for the second time the other radar (possibly a monitron alike) and when I was going to submit the other on lewisham (new cross).....
This doesn't make sense. You have referred to 'the other one' twice. The second is fairly obviously the New Cross redlight cam, but is the first 'the other one' the New Cross one or the one on the A3? Please be specific about the cam to which you refer.
pedrito
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
If you can see two cameras on the submission map at that crossing, then you submitted the one that shows as a coloured square. If you can see only one redlight camera on the submission map, the other camera has been reported, but by someone else before you did. This second camera has not yet been verified and that's why it's not in the 'public' database and will not alert the general public. I don't know why you are not being alerted to it as your own camera on CA though.

All cameras are manually entered into the database. It's not an automatic procedure. In addition, whenever a cam is reported, its location is verified by one of the PGPSW verifiers or by multiple submissions from different people before it is accepted as 'really being there.'

Quote:
I was in london again today and submitted for the second time the other radar (possibly a monitron alike) and when I was going to submit the other on lewisham (new cross).....
This doesn't make sense. You have referred to 'the other one' twice. The second is fairly obviously the New Cross redlight cam, but is the first 'the other one' the New Cross one or the one on the A3? Please be specific about the cam to which you refer.

When I said "the other one" was not the Lewisham. Was the other new on the A3 corrected below.

However the next two submissions should be replaced by this one:

Addition of: Single Direction RedSpeed (ID#0), Heading: 230, Lat:51.4376, Lon:-0.25216 (United Kingdom), Speed:40, I\'ve corrected previous submissions. This is how it should be read

So if you can delete the next two submissions:

1. Addition of: Single Direction Monitron (ID#0), Heading: 247, Lat:51.43725, Lon:-0.25287 (United Kingdom), Speed:40, It\'s not visible in the Google streetview yet as this camera is new (Monitron probably). It flashes and takes pictures...It doesn\'t seem active yet

2. Add new Static camera (MY #2) at Lat:51.4376 Lon:-0.252155 Speed 40, Heading 360, This side.

Sorry about the big confusion.

When I submitted using the Website (instead of the application) I couldn't see it in colours like the Lewisham one. So I can assume that when I used the cameralert application only the Lewisham one was sent? That together with the fact that the application doesn't alert me of my own cameras are bugs that need to be fixed..
Now by the looks of it the two cameras are reported.
What I don't understand is that you say that I should be able to see on the map the position only of the cameras I report and in the Lewisham one (where I only reported one) I am able to see two in different positions (not related to the same redlights) and I never submitted the second one..
Also all the cameras involved here are are redspeeds type and not redlights ones and it should be corrected.
Again, sorry about the confusion and tell me if you have any doubts.
Also as a side note, the only camera I see as a coloured square is the one in lewisham as the second one I cannot see it anywhere on the map after submission.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then. The one on the A3 at 51.43725, -0.25287 is not yet in the database so you or anyone else will not be able to see it until the database manager (MaFt) has entered it into the database which could be several days, depending on how busy MaFt is with other submissions. They do not get added to the database just because you have submitted them. As I explained earlier, it is a manual process thet takes time. If you were the first to report it, it will show up on the submission map (once it has been added) as a coloured square with a horizontal/vertical cross in it. There is however a pending camera awaiting verification trapping S/W bound traffic a couple of hundred yards further down (S/W direction) from 'yours', but that one is after the junction with the A308.
Quote:
It flashes and takes pictures...It doesn\'t seem active yet
If it flashes ant takes pictures, what makes you think it isn't active yet?

The one in Lewisham at 51.475505, -0.037999 IS in the database as a pending awaiting verification. If you can see it on the submission map as a coloured square with a horizontal/vertical cross in it, then it is your report that put it there.

Redspeed vs redlight. What makes you think that the ones either side of the lights controlled pedestrian crossing at 51.475505, -0.037999 are redspeed cameras and not redlight cameras?

There is no need to quote the messages immediately above yours, use the 'Reply' button instead of the 'Quote' button.
pedrito
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's a redspeed (possibly not active yet) because:
- I was flashed before (2 or 3 flashes in a row) by an exactly equal camera elsewhere that was linked to redlights once when I was overspeeding and didn't had the pocketgpsworld database with me :/ So it flashed me and turned the red lights on in front of me.
- When I was there (side-to-side with the camera to make the photo), several cars were overspeeding and on that camera, no flashes happened.
The camera is very recent as I never saw it before there and I drive in the A3 several times in a week.

Now I understand the process a bit more. Thanks M8 Smile
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedrito wrote:
I know it's a redspeed (possibly not active yet) because:
- I was flashed before (2 or 3 flashes in a row) by an exactly equal camera elsewhere

That's not sufficient to prove anything. The latest cameras look identical whether they are doing just redlight monitoring, or redlight AND speed.
The best way to tell is to look for white lines on the road just past the stop line. It's still not a 100% proof, but if they are there, we have to assume it is a redspeed camera.

pedrito wrote:
So it flashed me and turned the red lights on in front of me.

Pardon??? There is absolutely no way any UK speed camera will affect the state of the traffic lights themselves. They will not turn red just because you are speeding. (or have I misunderstood what you were saying?)

pedrito wrote:
When I was there (side-to-side with the camera to make the photo), several cars were overspeeding and on that camera, no flashes happened.

In that case it is NOT a redspeed camera.

In basic terms:
A redlight camera ONLY monitors if you have crossed the stop line while the traffic lights are at red.

A Redspeed camera does the above AND ALSO monitors your speed through the junction, irrespective of what the traffic lights are doing.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also moved this topic back to the relevant sub-forum and deleted the duplicate.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: