Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Warning Volume Control does nothing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning Volume Control does nothing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johalareewi
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Warning Volume Control does nothing Reply with quote

Have got camera alert running on Samsung Galaxy S2, Android 4.1.2

The app runs in the background and I have set it to DING for an alert.
This works really well but the DING is very loud.

I have tried changing the volume control in the advanced section (custom warning volume) but regardless of the warning volume (0 to 100), the DING is the same volume.

Is it possible to make the DING quieter?
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in my car and shalln't be for a few days so cant confirm but I think that I have overcome this problem in the past by reducing the *media* volume on android. Android has about seven different volume settings, crank down the media volume. No promises mind.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
johalareewi
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an app that lets me get at all the volume controls.
I will give it a go.
Trouble is I use camera alert with a satnav app so I want the DING quieter but not the satnav directions. I thought that the advanced volume control setting would do this.
johalareewi
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that when the camera alert output device is set to speaker, the volume controls do nothing. The DING is blasted out at full volume - even if you have the phone in mute!

If I set camera alert to output to the default device, the advanced warning volume control works.

However, when in the car, the phone is paired with the car and the camera alert DING doesn't sound. I have to choose output device speaker so the camera alert plays the DING to the phone. But this bypasses all the volume controls. DING
nfy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Alerts too loud Reply with quote

My apologies for digging up an old post, but my searches has failed to come up with an answer and this almost match the problem I'm having.

The app is working great, but the volume of the alerts is unbearable. I've tried to turn down the phone volume as well as the custom volume in the settings and it does nothing.

I connect my phone (Nexus 6p) to a pioneer head unit via a USB cable. I can control the volume of other alerts and media, but the alerts from CamerAlert is always at maximum no matter what I do. Any advice will be great as it's unusable at the moment.

Thanks.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently went from a Galaxy Note 3 to a Note 4 and now have the same problem. I'm running TomTom Go in foreground playing through the phone speakers and CA running in the background also through the phone speakers. TT Go gives me instructions and camera warnings at a reasonable volume accompanied by the CA lady shouting at the top of her lungs. I've also tried the custom volume but it does nothing, presumably because output is via phone speaker.
Diddley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: DIIINNGG! Pardon? Reply with quote

Hi, I've also got the eardrum splitting volume issue, I've just gone from a Samsung Galaxy S5 to a S7 Edge and I've now got this issue - all the settings are identical to my previous phone but no matter what I do (clearing cache, reloading the App, etc.) I have 2 choices - no volume or max volume. From what I've read quite a few people have this issue. Has anyone found a solution or are the App Dev team looking into this? I'm using the same setup - connected to my Audi MMI system and running the MMI Connect App in the background and screaming from the Spotify App. All it needs is for the volume control to work when using the phone speaker.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer to use the phone speaker which avoids all the radio interruptions etc but after many years of running CA for all journeys I've all but given up using it at all because of the volume issue - it's far too loud but cannot be adjusted. Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: