Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - .txt database for igo8
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

.txt database for igo8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andysue
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: .txt database for igo8 Reply with quote

Before I subscribe can you tell me if you get a warning in the .txt files between the average speed cameras to tell you you are still being monitored?
Thanks
Andy
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but the iGO implementation of SPECS is not the best. They assume that they only come in pairs. the effect of this is that the first one starts the average calculation, which stops at the second. No calculation between second and third. Third one starts calculation again, but if there are no more it continues to calculate and alert if you are over what it thinks is the speed limit. A tap on the warning icon stops it though.

On the plus side, the fixed and mobile cams use the directional data contained within the PGPSW database and only alert for cams on 'your side' of the road.

PS. The SPECS anomaly is nothing to do with the PGPSW database, it is a function of the iGO software. iGO does the same on all SPECS sets regardless of origin of the database.
Andysue
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh
That answers a few questions, I was wondering why it kept telling me I was being monitored after I left the last camera this happened until I arrived home. I am now trying primo 2 instead of igo8. I guess this will do the same?
Thanks for the info.
I feel an xmas present coming on in the guise of a subscription.
Andy
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andysue wrote:
I am now trying primo 2 instead of igo8. I guess this will do the same?
Good guess. It does. I have modified my iGO8 so that it works properly, but it ain't easy.
Quote:
I feel an xmas present coming on in the guise of a subscription
Brilliant idea.
Andysue
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Andysue wrote:
I am now trying primo 2 instead of igo8. I guess this will do the same?
Good guess. It does. I have modified my iGO8 so that it works properly, but it ain't easy.

Another guess, it is obviously more than adding data to the sys.txt file? as you say it aint easy. Is it a secret or can you indicate where the info is? Its just that I like messing with computery things.
Thanks for the previous info
regards
Andy
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's more than that, but you can make changes to distances to cam for different speeds in the sys.txt. The info is in my head and in my copy of iGO. I pretty much completely rewrote the speed camera handling code. I told you 'it ain't easy'. But if you think you are a black belt at things computer, I'm more than willing to share the 'secret' with you.
Andysue
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks for that, I have just ordered a 7" satnav for the princely sum of £39! including sun shade all sorts of leads & brackets ( I dont know how they do it & incl postage) I have also found at long last a 7" waterproof case for the motorbike £7 inc postage.
Something else to configure & play with, so when I subscribe for Xmas I may take you up on the offer.
Thanks again
Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: