Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to use stored mapshare locations to report the feedback
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use stored mapshare locations to report the feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: How to use stored mapshare locations to report the feedback Reply with quote

Hello

On a Tom Tom 540

I stored using the on screen report button on a recent journey a start and end point for a 50mph speed limit where the latest TomTom 540 map was showing 60mph.

Now I am trying to figure out how these 2 stored locations are actually used to report the wrong speed limit to Tom Tom on their mapshare feedback but I cannot see how they are used. Checked the Tom Tom web site that shows how to use mapshare but it does not seem to address this point.

I've been into Map corrections - Correct a map error
At this point the top of the screen shows "Map corrections 1 of 2" so it sounds like it is recognising my earlier 2 saved locations.
Select next Change road speed
It prompts Select street to change speed limit with options On map, By name, Near you and Near home.

I was expecting here it to link to each of the 2 locations in turn.
If I select On map it actually shows my current location which is neither of the 2 locations.

I tired from the map to select Find thinking it will link to my saved location and noticed "Point on map" is disabled/grayed out, not sure why this is the case since it sounds like a promising way to perform this submission process.

So the question, is how do I use my 2 saved locations to actually report the data to Tom Tom?

Any helpful answers appreciated as I am sure they will be by Tom Tom.

Thanks
Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's a bit crap isn't it!

The "correct location" button is only really any good for marking a single spot where you can report a blocked road etc. TT have never managed to come up with any way for users to report an area or stretch of road to be changed , (which is exactly what's needed to report speed limit changes!).

Personally, I never bother with the 'correct an error' menus. Here's how I do it...

Firstly, I just temporarily store the points on the road that I'm interested in as Favourites as I'm driving (that's reasonably quick to do with "Add Favourite / My location")

Then when I'm at home, I convert them into POIs and save them in a big "Map errors" POI file, and I then report them to TomTom using the web instead.
The website is http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/# and things like speed limit changes have to be done with "other", but at least you can write some text to explain it all and give lat/long coordinates.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose this helps (done easiest in TT Home with a mouse in Operate my GO) (which is impossible with the new improved models and MyDrive).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: