Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - using maps on another garmin device
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

using maps on another garmin device
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddieo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but that article shows the http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/ maps that I'm taliking about above. they don't seem to choose bicycle friendly routes at all. and the base map that comes with it do, even though their horrible to look at.

rainmakers maps route no different then my 2547 on london roads that I would avoid. just want mapping that chooses quieter bike friendly routes Sad
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, I'm not a cyclist Smile

However the site you quote does suggest it provides 'Routeable bicycle' maps, I assume these are the ones you've chosen?

My link to DC Rainmaker's articles was just to explain in more detail how you can load OSM maps and how the Edge 800 works. A GPS device can only use the detail it's been given, if you're still having problems getting suitable routes for your bike you could try asking for help on a bike specific forum or here

https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?245-Edge-800

where there are cyclists/Edge 800 users.
eddieo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will have a look thanks!
eddieo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while copying how to transfer routes/waypoints from thread on garmin forum, I have inadvertently copied all my waypoints to the 800, how do I remove them please

I had a selection of POI saved on BC of Amsterdam for a visit next week. all I want to do is transfer one route + these dozen waypoints to 800 not everything from my 2547. I see no routes in the left hand column to click Confused
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really up to speed on the Edge series, so how you remove them on the device I'm not sure. If you sent them there via Basecamp though they should have been sent in a file named temp.gpx which should be in the GPX folder of your Edge. At the very least delete that file. It may solve your problem, if not then you'll need to delete them from within the device or you may be able to do it when it's hooked up to Basecamp (you can with devices like the Etrex 20 for example).

If you simply want to send one route and a few waypoints just select those in the top left hand pane, right click and select Send to as appropriate.
eddieo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew..managed to remove all from GPX file....Thanks!

I find basecamp difficult:? have discovered if I right click on a waypoint I can send them to edge 800..trouble being I cant find them on edge...
eddieo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the are still there and cant delete them. they are in the internal storage apparently. another thing how do I remove all the 9000 waypoints from base camp to stop this happening again.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleting temp.gpx will stop your Edge re-importing them but if they are still in internal storage then you will need to delete them via the Edge. I'd be surprised if all 9000 are there as I don't believe the Edge series is capable of holding 9000 waypoints Confused

Have you looked in the Edge manual

https://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/manuals.htm?partNo=010-00899-00

It explains on pages 24 to 26 how to delete waypoints, and also how to find them/navigate to them. However given that you appear to have so many to delete your best bet would be to master reset the device

https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId=%7B38fcc6a0-cd2c-11e0-cf56-000000000000%7D

To delete data in Basecamp highlight the data you want to delete in the lower left hand pane, or select folders/lists in the top left hand pane, right click and select delete. However there really should be no need to take drastic action like that, just ensure that next time you only send the ones you wish to.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: