Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Map Update V9.37 size issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Map Update V9.37 size issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: New Map Update V9.37 size issues Reply with quote

Has anybody managed to install V9.37 Map update on to a TT 1000?
"Mydrive" tells me it's too big to fit on to my device...

I've seen others with this issue but it's a new one for me.

Thanks
beeceegee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, on a TT 1005 (see my addition to the "Odd Pronunciation" topic)
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: New Map Update V9.37 size issues Reply with quote

BenM wrote:
Has anybody managed to install V9.37 Map update on to a TT 1000?
"Mydrive" tells me it's too big to fit on to my device...

I've seen others with this issue but it's a new one for me.

Thanks

That's right the full 'Europe' map is too big. But you should get the offer to install various sections of the Europe maps. You should be able to choose a selection of the segments which will suit your purpose.
beeceegee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New Map Update V9.37 size issues Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
You should be able to choose a selection of the segments which will suit your purpose.

You would think so - but there's no segment which will give you Britain, France, Germany and Italy

Can it be so difficult just to provide a "Western half" ? My device is, after all, only a few hundred meg short of space for the full map Confused And it's available as an option to purchase
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New Map Update V9.37 size issues Reply with quote

beeceegee wrote:
Gee-Pee wrote:
You should be able to choose a selection of the segments which will suit your purpose.

You would think so - but there's no segment which will give you Britain, France, Germany and Italy

Can it be so difficult just to provide a "Western half" ? My device is, after all, only a few hundred meg short of space for the full map Confused And it's available as an option to purchase

That's very true, there is no permutation that will include those three countries - and there are other non-permutations. I've had to compromise with the countries I wanted, too. I installed Map zone 8. Shame that my device does not have a slot for a SD card on which to store alternatives or the whole map.
However, I have not tried it, but if you open up TT My Drive the alternatives are still there on offer and in theory, you should be able to switch zones. So if you are in Italy and have internet access, switch a zone to include Italy and then uninstall another zone to provide the space. On leaving Italy switch back.
[img][/img]
beeceegee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh - visions of trying to find a Fon hotspot on the Italian border, then spending a day downloading the Italian segment . Or maybe revert to a paper atlas and swmbo's navigational skills Rolling Eyes
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beeceegee wrote:
heh - visions of trying to find a Fon hotspot on the Italian border, then spending a day downloading the Italian segment . Or maybe revert to a paper atlas and swmbo's navigational skills Rolling Eyes

Yeah well! It was only an option. Tend to think your suggestion about the paper map would be better Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: