Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert for VW Navigons?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert for VW Navigons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willmow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: CamerAlert for VW Navigons? Reply with quote

Apologies if this has been asked. Can I use my CamerAlert sub for my newly acquired VW Up Navigon device?
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert for VW Navigons? Reply with quote

willmow wrote:
Apologies if this has been asked. Can I use my CamerAlert sub for my newly acquired VW Up Navigon device?

I don't think so - but see if you get any other responses. Smile

I stuck with my current 4350max because I was able to install a 3rd party piece of software on it called POI-Warner that enabled me to use CamerAlert. Last time I checked (which was a few years ago so things may have changed) there wasn't an English language version of POI-Warner for later Navigon PNDs.

Although I still have the 4350max I no longer use it (other than to find if the new maps are out!) as I have moved on to Navigon on my Android mobile (currently 5" Sony Z) and 9.4" tablet.
willmow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert for VW Navigons? Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think so - but see if you get any other responses.

Just to explain: new VW Up cars can come with a (removable) Garmin Navigon satnav type device that operates VW's Maps and More system, and can be connected online via a computer running software called Garmin Fresh.

Last edited by willmow on Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert for VW Navigons? Reply with quote

willmow wrote:
Quote:

Just to be explain. New VW Up cars can come with a (removable) Garmin Navigon satnav type device that operates VW's Maps and More system, and can be connected online via a computer running software called Garmin Fresh.

Suggest you look here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=91527&highlight=vw
C1man
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert for VW Navigons? Reply with quote

willmow wrote:
Quote:

Just to be explain. New VW Up cars can come with a (removable) Garmin Navigon satnav type device that operates VW's Maps and More system, and can be connected online via a computer running software called Garmin Fresh.

It may also help if you use the Navigon FAQ system here:

http://www.navigon.com/portal/uk/kundenservice/faq.html?id=22193290&content_identifier=faq&page=2&faqTopic=VW UP
willmow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert for VW Navigons? Reply with quote

C1man wrote:
It may also help if you use the Navigon FAQ system here:

http://www.navigon.com/portal/uk/kundenservice/faq.html?id=22193290&content_identifier=faq&page=2&faqTopic=VW UP

My thanks to C1man / Tim for doing the legwork!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: