Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mercedes Garmin Map Pilot SD Card Navigation System
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mercedes Garmin Map Pilot SD Card Navigation System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemesis1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get the icons on the map at all.
:-/
outmyway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running V1.2 Map 5.0

So an older version, I think they are up to V7.0 Map 7.0?

After lots of testing ... particularly of your 3 stage process Nemesis1, I've now defaulted to just using the 'distance' file created with the speed info edited out, and manually loaded using half a mile for all warnings.

I find this good for visual ques, I don't load any icons but get the default Garmin red icon as in my pictures on previous posts.

I found with multiple files for speed + distance the system crashed too often, I guess with in effect duplicate POI's it can't cope?

The sat nav does still occasionally crash, especially with a route in it.
Not sure if this is due to the extra POI's?

I also still sometimes get the red Garmin icon sticking, and multiples piling up down the edge of the map. The only way of clearing them is to hit back and press the wheel or mouse to re-enter the map screen again .... irritating!

I still find it crazy that my £100 pocket Garmin has far better functionality for speed cameras than my expensive Merc Garmin system .... hey ho!

PS: I Also use a Talex (I'll probably be shot down in flames for mentioning that word on here, but its a good voice alerting system and has saved my licence on numerous occasions over the years ... but admittedly the database is not as good as pgpsw ....).
Scottief
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Returning Newbie with a new Merc and GMP Reply with quote

Evening everyone. I am a returning newbie having used an old TomTom and downloading the database many moons ago and thought I would look it up now having Garmin Map Pilot on my Audio 20 Mercedes. So I've looked through numerous posts and having just updated my SD card to the latest V8.0 Map update (that was a longgggg story). Anyhow, I downloaded this PM the POI loader and the latest database and then placed the file into the POI folder (GPI) but when I went for a spin past a GATSO it didn't appear! Has anyone had success with V8.0 or is it a useless effort?
jonti89
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, new to the site.

I have a Mercedes GLA 220 2017 plate. i have the Garmin Map Pilot in the car. i have followed the instructions on the website, and downloaded the files and then uploaded them to the sd card. however when i put it in the car, there are no speed camera coming up, is this just me being a rookie or is there something i need to do.
Scottief
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonti89 wrote:

I have a Mercedes GLA 220 2017 plate. i have the Garmin Map Pilot in the car. i have followed the instructions on the website, and downloaded the files and then uploaded them to the sd card. however when i put it in the car, there are no speed camera coming up, is this just me being a rookie or is there something i need to do.

Same boat as me!!
jonti89
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scottief wrote:
jonti89 wrote:

Same boat as me!!

i'm not sure if i havent uploaded them correctly, i just added the gpi. file to the general poi file.
Scottief
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonti89 wrote:
Scottief wrote:
jonti89 wrote:

Same boat as me!!

i'm not sure if i havent uploaded them correctly, i just added the gpi. file to the general poi file.

Yes I did the same. New .gpi file converted from poi loader into the POI folder on the SD card.
jonti89
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scottief wrote:
jonti89 wrote:
Scottief wrote:
jonti89 wrote:

Same boat as me!!

Yes I did the same. New .gpi file converted from poi loader into the POI folder on the SD card.

ive just read on another thread that apparently on the new update the icons have gone, and only works 50% of the time with the 'bong' and a label. but they advise not to rely on it.
Scottief
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonti89 wrote:
Scottief wrote:
jonti89 wrote:
Scottief wrote:
jonti89 wrote:

Same boat as me!!

ive just read on another thread that apparently on the new update the icons have gone, and only works 50% of the time with the 'bong' and a label. but they advise not to rely on it.

Ah OK. Perhaps it's back to the trusty old cameralert on the iPhone then!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if you two guys could use the Post reply button at the bottom of the page rather than repeatedly quoting each other please.
Nemesis1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the bongs to work by ejecting the card, waiting for the 'no card' error, then pushing it back in. Or, restart the car.

But please note this is not a one time fix, you will need to reset it this way every time the bongs get muted.

:-)
pbridgeman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have v6 garmin map pilot software you will struggle to get all the icons showing on your system together with a bong (at least I struggled! The best I managed was to use the camera position shift technique, but it wasn't perfect).

Have a look at the pocketgpsworld 'Alerts in Chinese' post. If you have V8 software (most vehicles should be able to update to this version), follow the @npr post exactly to add the consolidated speed cameras to your sd card and you will get virtually all the icons and bongs. (I updated and it works well.)

I then used the pocketgpsworld complete zoned set to do the same thing (cos I like seeing the actual limit value on the screen) and have just been on a trip from Kent to Scotland and back and I reckon I only had 1 camera icon missed on the whole trip (ie it bonged but no camera appeared). The zoned set are a pain to do manually so I wrote a powershell script file to do it all for me, which works well and I'm sticking to that now - until the next software version is released with its new problems.
npr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just discovered new software is available: V9.0 SW 50.12
Haven't tried it yet, still downloading.
Scottief
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

npr wrote:
Just discovered new software is available: V9.0 SW 50.12
Haven't tried it yet, still downloading.

Not showing as an update for me. Says 8.1 is latest, wonder if it's because I'm now beyond my 60 days.
npr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK the 60 days is just for map updates, software updates are unlimited.

So far I can't see any difference from the previous software, the Chinese alerts are still there. Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: