Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MyDrive Connect always 'down'.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MyDrive Connect always 'down'.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: MyDrive Connect always 'down'. Reply with quote

Since getting the new Via 135 I try and update at least every couple of weeks. More recently the site always pops up to tell me TT is having technical problems. Accepting that this will happen from time to time it more recently seems like every time. Been down for the last three days now. Is this just me or across the board?

Obviously something else there apart from Q Fix and Map Share as it says there are 3 updates.

Confused
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are new maps (v935) since a couple of days ago. I downloaded them to two old devices (Home) then went shopping after I had at long last got MyDrive to recognise the GO1005. It had finished downloading and installing when we got back a few hours later - just showing the usual "We've got an error" message. It had installed so as usual, I ignored it.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem connecting my Via 135, which is showing as up-to-date as I downloaded the new map yesterday.

Maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling?

Maybe I've been lucky but, in spite of my reservations about MyDrive Connect I've yet to have any problems with it. New UK map downloaded and installed in less than five minutes.
Samsung Galaxy S21
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS Why update every couple of weeks? Are you a masochist? If you use the device regularly you don't need GPSFix as it gets the same data from the satellites every time it connects. And MapShare stuff? Just hype. I can use my v675 map and still get there with no bother, so what corrections? Updating means all you're doing really is uploading your IQ Routes data for TomTom's benefit.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
PS Why update every couple of weeks? Are you a masochist? If you use the device regularly you don't need GPSFix as it gets the same data from the satellites every time it connects. And MapShare stuff? Just hype. I can use my v675 map and still get there with no bother, so what corrections? Updating means all you're doing really is uploading your IQ Routes data for TomTom's benefit.

Sound advice which I will follow from now on. Will only worry about it when I get told there are more than 2 new items then.

Edit and update.
Still not getting in. Took Anita's advice ( thank you ) and deleted Mydrive from computer then reinstalled. Working now and map update in progress.

For some reason I have MydriveConnect(2) in my Programs list which I cannot get rid of using add/ delete programs etc. Won't open if I select it but won't go away!

Any how - will go on holiday for a couple of weeks, leave 'plutor on and see if this map has downloaded when I get back. Very Happy

Thank you, yet again, and no I am not a masochist, just a naive and deluded TT user who is very grateful for the help I always get on here. Smile
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New map downloaded and updated etc fine.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hectorsgaf wrote:
New map downloaded and updated etc fine.

Great. Thumbs Up
Samsung Galaxy S21

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: